I'm always late...

dacinch8

Starting a new career in MP doesn't work because of this. You need to pick a quick job before connecting to the server, when you hit the Drive button it connects and synchronizes the time, making the job to be already late. The only solution is to start your profile in single player, do some quick jobs until you can get the money loan and buy your own truck. With your own truck, you can go back to MP but remember to always hit the Drive button and to see the "Connection established" message before going for jobs. It can happen that you see the market empty, but you can force a time sync by hitting F7+Enter to teleport to a garage or sleeping, that will refresh the jobs list.

Ok, so I do have a solution if you want to do quick jobs in Multiplayer, I have been doing it no problem.  Since the game as said above does not synchronize with the servers until after you take a quick job when you start the game, you will most likely be late, unless the last time you played was only an couple hours or so ago.  Here is what I do.

1.  Use the fix above to change the force reset economy to a value of 1, this will reset all of the jobs.

2.  Enter the game and take a quick job, anyone, doesn't matter, it will most likely be late.

3.  As soon as the game loads and you get into the world, exit and quit the game.

4.  Restart the game, and the loads will once again reset, HOWEVER, now they will reset with the last synchronized timeframe of the server, which was just a couple seconds ago when you logged in the first time, so the jobs will be up to date and you won't be late.

5.  Take your quick jobs!  It only takes a minute or two to complete all of these steps, faster if you're loading off an SSD, and then you can take quick jobs in multiplayer!  

Only reason I did this is I wanted to start over and build a multiplayer trucking company strictly in multiplayer, starting from scratch, and not taking out ANY loans.  Almost saved up enough for my first truck.

Keep in mind, when you start a BRAND NEW game on a brand new profile, as in that first load your required to take when you start a new profile, it will most likely be late, it's only worth a couple hundred bucks, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Hope this helps a bit!

39 minutes ago, soupflakes said:

Ok, so I do have a solution if you want to do quick jobs in Multiplayer, I have been doing it no problem.  Since the game as said above does not synchronize with the servers until after you take a quick job when you start the game, you will most likely be late, unless the last time you played was only an couple hours or so ago.  Here is what I do.

1.  Use the fix above to change the force reset economy to a value of 1, this will reset all of the jobs.

2.  Enter the game and take a quick job, anyone, doesn't matter, it will most likely be late.

3.  As soon as the game loads and you get into the world, exit and quit the game.

4.  Restart the game, and the loads will once again reset, HOWEVER, now they will reset with the last synchronized timeframe of the server, which was just a couple seconds ago when you logged in the first time, so the jobs will be up to date and you won't be late.

5.  Take your quick jobs!  It only takes a minute or two to complete all of these steps, faster if you're loading off an SSD, and then you can take quick jobs in multiplayer!  

Only reason I did this is I wanted to start over and build a multiplayer trucking company strictly in multiplayer, starting from scratch, and not taking out ANY loans.  Almost saved up enough for my first truck.

Keep in mind, when you start a BRAND NEW game on a brand new profile, as in that first load your required to take when you start a new profile, it will most likely be late, it's only worth a couple hundred bucks, so I wouldn't worry about it. 

Hope this helps a bit!

Or you could visit a dealership before taking a job since it connects when you go in a dealership. Simpler?

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi There,

This bug report has expired and will now be closed.

If you still experience this issue, feel free to make a new bug report and we will see what we can do in regards to helping you fixing the issue

Thanks & Happy Trucking!

/Archived

Archived