MAP API (Players Location API)

Inkeliz

Suggestion Name: Create a API variable to colect the players locations and show MAP of players.
Suggestion Description: My suggestion is create one "MAP" and show where the players is. For exemple, if you go to Rotterdam or to Paris,  you enter in ets2mp.com and see the map and how many players online is in that location, and how many peoples is on the road. Or view on 'in game map', but I think is more dificult than JSON API and one JAVASCRIPT to show 'icon' on the map.

Any example images: I add later :\
Why should it be added?: I think that is not too hard, because the server already have that information. Store the location of players for short time and refresh every 3 or 5 minutes will not impact on server performance, in 'real time' update I don't know, but that is a suggestion. Sometimes I don't found players, and it is so boring, if have one map, you can see where have more or less players.

Sorry my english.

bQKJB0w.png

This was a discussed thing when I was part of the team. It would use a lot of bandwidth to get the position of everyone on the server at any one time and put it in an API. They would need a larger server etcetc..

I do believe there was something being planned by Kat_PW however I'm not sure if an API or something similar would be made public.

However I do support this.