About unsupported mods.

Dunchin

Question

So I have a question about the unsupported mods, being one of the rules of ETS2 MP. 

I understand that it can lead to a permanent ban if caught. However, does this apply to Steam Workshop files too? I don't want to risk myself banned because I have an outdated Steam Workshop file detected in MP.

If this is in the wrong forum or section, I sincerely apologize. 

4 answers to this question

Kind of not answering the question there, MP doesn't scan for a mods, it changes your mod folder to prevent you from accidentally loading one that isn't whitelisted, and subsequently crashing your game. All mods that can be loaded into MP directly is provided via the installer, any mod that aid in creating hybrid trucks or modifying trailers within the save-game(and that persists through the save game, using stock parts) is Ok in general as long as it doesn't crash other players, cause unnecessary strain on players computers (eg. a ridiculous amount of beacons), mixing truck and car parts or similar, though such things is at the digression of the admin(lands under the exessive modding clause). Your average hybrid truck (eg. scania engine in a renault body with merc cab) or empty/super heavy/cows on flatbed trailer are all considered ok since they don't make your collision mesh larger or cause any undue stress on anyone's computers.

5 minutes ago, Rhastalord said:

Hello @Dodge Charger! You came to the right place. Unfortunately, the only mods that are allowed on Multiplayer are the ones listed here:

Any other mod might get you banned or crash your game so beware.

Regards,

Rhastalord

Since you mentioned "any other mod", I assume it applies to all Steam Workshop files. I guess I'll just disable or better yet, uninstall them.

But thanks for the answer anyhow!

Exactly. Only DLC's and the mods specified up there are allowed on Multiplayer.I'm happy I answered your question and don't forget to use our service more in case you have any other problems! Also, mark the best answer and this topic will automatically close.Thanks for the patience : ) 

Regards,

Rhastalord

• Upvote 1

5383666413.png76561198169027512.png