Olizandrey

2 IDEAS.

1st idea: A "Nearby players" interface, which didn't take up that much space. Something more elegant, or even a build-in screen, into the cabin, showing around 5 closest players. Would look and work like the nagivation screen in the dashboard.

I would also love to know how fast other players are driving. It's a simple number, showing "60 m/h" for instance. Makes it easier to drive in convoys, and you can watch out for someone coming up behind you with max speed. Could be really helpful, and sounds easy to implement.

2nd idea / thought: Is there a particular reason to why the roof orange warning lights are a big mass of steady light, until you're very close? And why do they flash so wild? I would love an improvement on the range, where you could see the rotating lights flashing, as far as when you can see the truck.

That's just a few of my ideas, but thank you for reading.

Please remember when adding a suggestion to keep to the suggestion format.

Also remember to keep your post structured and easy to read and keep it to one suggestion pr. thread.

For example:

Suggestion Name
Suggestion Description:

Any example images

Why should it be added?:

Check out my HTC Vive game play videos on YouTube.

76561197986022295.png

I7 [email protected]│ASUS X99 Deluxe│32GB G.SKILL TridentZ│2xMSI GTX 980Ti 6G│ EVGA 1000W G2

840 EVO 120GB(OS)│M550 128GB(Main Game)│500GB 10k Raptor│WD Black 1TB│Corsair 900D

4 minutes ago, Olizandrey said:

s there a particular reason to why the roof orange warning lights are a big mass of steady light, until you're very close?

I suspect that's due to the game's scaling and the detail distance thing (i mean the distance limit that forces things to show in high or low details)

anyway, also having that in highly populated areas will probably cause a lot of lag

10 hours ago, Olizandrey said:

A "Nearby players" interface, which didn't take up that much space. Something more elegant, or even a build-in screen, into the cabin, showing around 5 closest players. Would look and work like the nagivation screen in the dashboard.

It could be but it will need to edit the truck data. And some player use a small scalling which make a small text on the dashboard blur.

I would also love to know how fast other players are driving. It's a simple number, showing "60 m/h" for instance. Makes it easier to drive in convoys, and you can watch out for someone coming up behind you with max speed. Could be really helpful, and sounds easy to implement.

Nope, you don't see a speed above someone car irl.

Is there a particular reason to why the roof orange warning lights are a big mass of steady light, until you're very close? And why do they flash so wild? I would love an improvement on the range, where you could see the rotating lights flashing, as far as when you can see the truck.

This is because othe player tucks reneder as user trucks which light and every detail just the same as the one you drive. Therefore the beacon light are too brighter than AI in singleplayer.

TERjqBU.png

On 6/11/2016 at 5:46 AM, Amazing Red Panda said:

Nope, you don't see a speed above someone car irl.

You don't see their names, nor distance IRL too?

I see your point though, however, many drivers lag and it's then hard to find their speed. Takes me a while to get it right, having to measure our distance over and over. Just an idea.

And for the interface, indeed. That's true. I also noticed the opacity feature, which helped me a lot. So that's not an issue.

But isn't it possible to tamper with this rendering, so it renders further away? Sounds like just an adjustment to me as a feature of how far the mirrors render for instance? Though, this is just for the realism of it. Cause you have to be really close to see this orange warning lights' blinking.

Ty for the feedback :)

• 1 year later...

Right now you see why we prefer to have an individual topic for each suggestion - the first thing would be rejected as you have the tab menu. The other idea included in that would still be kept open for discussion as it can possibly be done. The last thing is already fixed as the beacons are shown properly. As moving it to "done" would imply everything has been added, I am not going to do so. That is why this suggestion is now being declined.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.