Cannot open config.txt

Felicyan

Question

So I tried to update to the latest version of the client and now each time I try to start the multiplayer client it fails to start and the 'Cannot open config.txt file!' is logged.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

I tried deleting the config file and let it build a new one but that did not work.

Running as an admin does nothing as well.

6 answers to this question

Hi, one my friend has this problem some time ago. And her problem was one software blocking access to .txt files. After he uninstalled this software, mp worked normally. Can you check which program is primary to open .txt files? Needs look like this http://www.bleepstatic.com/tutorials/windows-7/change-file-associations/other-programs.jpg (Notepad, no need have that Notepad2 there) If its not Notepad, select Notepad then select that "Always use the selected program". click OK and try again. And if txt files already open in Notepad, let me know.

I set for config.txt notepad but i have one more problem the game don't works.

The launcher cannot open config.dat file.

That, what is standing in my logs (MP logs):

[19:26:06] <info> Logger started!
[19:26:06] <error> Cannot open config.txt file!
[19:26:06] <error> Cannot open config.dat file!
[19:27:18] <info> Logger started!
[19:29:29] <info> Logger started!

Hello @Felicyan,

Please delete ETS2MP and Euro Truck Simulator 2's folders in Documents and try to install game again.

Be careful!You should make a backup for your profile.