Key Mapping and Team Tag Questions

BOT Yokel

Question

To preface this, I'd like to say that I have been playing ETS2 MP mod for a few months now, without the need for any of these features yet.

Thus, I don't know anything about them, including their usage.

Question 1 and 2: 

I've recently noticed that people are using a voice chat in the game itself.

After seeking help from a user on the ETS2 MP teamspeak server, I was left a bit confused.

I was then told that the voice key is binded to "V". Upon testing this, it didn't seem to work or it did-with little to no indication of such.

From this, my question(s) is: How do you know that voice chat is working, and is there a way to rebind the key?

Question 3:

I've noticed lots of people having clan/group/team tags throughout the ETS2 MP servers.

There doesn't appear to be a setting in-game, or in the TruckersMP website to set a clan tag.

My question is: How do I set my clan tag in ETS2MP?

Those are all my questions, thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Hello,

1). You can tell if voice chat is working is by looking at your CB radio as you speak. There should be a red light as you hold down the "V" key. You may have to turn up your Mic volume in the sound settings, which you can access by hitting the tab key and clicking on sounds tab.

2.) Unfortunately there is no way at present to rebind the voice key.

3.) There is no clan tag as such on ETS2MP. There is a tag you can add next to your name in the game, by pressing the tab key and on the general tab, enter your message in the player tag box.

Speedy.

You will be able to see if voice chat is working because a small speaker icon in the bottom right should appear when you're pressing the key 'V'. That is currently the only indicator that will tell you whether you are transmitting your voice. At this current time, there is no way to set another key as the voice chat key. The only key you can use is 'V'.

Also, to set a custom tag.... you need to:

Go into MP > Open up your TAB menu > Right click so a yellow mouse appears > Scroll over to the cog on the menu > Click it. Then you will see a box where you can type. You need to type your tag into that box and click apply. To change the colour, there is a small box to the right of the text box. Click this then drag the cursor round to change the colour of your tag. Then click apply to finish.

Hope this helps!

If my comment helped you in any way, or you found it funny, click this button ↗↗↗

76561198170110153.png  Truckers.FM No.1 Trance and Dance DJ  SCS Closed Beta-Tester 

Add on question for g27, can the v button be changed on any of these buttons? only reason I don't use my steering wheel during mp is because of the v button.

I am here to help, I hope I helped in some sort of way.

Come check out my Youtube channel, post videos every 2 days

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcwBdDxIYboOD73dPPZ8SAQ