I Understand and Don't Understand the Time System

Sun_Yetsan

Question

Hello!

I have been playing both Euro Truck Simulator 2 and American Truck Simulator for a while, but I always had the fear of logging on to MP. Why? I am afraid of its time system.

I have been informed that the time system of MP works differently than that of SP, that the time keeps going on the server side from the point where I logged off. That could explain immediate job due time and large amount of money from the employees.

However, when I logged on to ATS MP for the first time and slept, the time is again forwarded for 600 days, my cargo still expired and I still received a huge amount of money. How come? It is the first time I use ATS MP! Where does this time start? It is only 8 hours in-game and 10 seconds in reality. I cannot understand how the servers calculate time. This is confusing!

P.S. Do you guys suffer from this problem? I mean receiving millions of money and having your in-game days being forwarded? It bothers me because I found it awful to have a lot of money by doing nothing instead of spending time and effort to make the money.

3 answers to this question

The first time you join your game time is forwarded to catch up with teh server, and this happens again every time you join as the server time still passes by when you're not playing.

The only way to get rid of the money is by not having any drivers, or by using cheatengine or a save game extractor to remove it. (or spam f7-enter or something like that untill it's gone, but that's gonna take a while).

• Upvote 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer