What is the developer kit API?

ahughes3

Question

6 answers to this question

It allows web developers to incorporate user and server data into a website lets say, more info here and it is quite easy to understand

Kind Regards,

El1teZombiezHD

[TruckersMP Retired Team Member (Ex-Game Moderator)]

If you are replying to me, please @mention me (@El1teZombiezHD ) or quote my message otherwise I may not respond

Ok, that's great if I want a bunch of info about the servers. What about if I want to extract my game data such as details from a job I completed i.e. how long it took? what the cargo was? whether I incurred penalties. Is there anyway to capture that info from the game, at client level?

Ok, that's great if I want a bunch of info about the servers. What about if I want to extract my game data such as details from a job I completed i.e. how long it took? what the cargo was? whether I incurred penalties. Is there anyway to capture that info from the game, at client level?

Anyone?

Ok, thanks for that TuxyQ. So if I wanted to develop my own tracking application that can track my virtual trucker's job activities and then file this information to a database, the Telemetry data api would allow me to do this yes? I've seen the work on Github regarding it. Not sure how to make use of it but I can probably figure it out with a bit more reading.

A question though, how would I connect a tracker application to the game? i.e. how would the tracker physically connect and communicate with ETS2? In flight sim there is something called FSUIPC4 which acts as a comms interface between the tracker and the game itself.