Steering Wheel nightmare. Please help!

Hi all,

I'm having a few issues with the steering wheel I'm for ETS2. Its a Speedlink Drift O.Z. Racing Wheel for the PC and it don't seem to be working very well. Its brand new, so I'm quite sure its not faulty.

The game isn't showing it as the Speedlink Drift O.Z. Racing Wheel. Its saying its a pad? Checked drivers etc and nothing changes it. While trying to steer in game, the steering wheel in the cab shakes when turning it left and right. Also, the steering isn't right. I can turn the wheel a very small amount but the truck with steer loads and crash! I've changed and tested the settings i game and nothing seems to help. The pedals do seem to work fine though.

I know its not the best steering wheel going, But I'm on a budget at the moment and couldn't afford the better models. Has anyone else used the Speedlink Drift O.Z. Racing Wheel with the game?

Thanks

You can manually set the subtype of controller - cheaper steering wheels can be detected as a gamepad due to their design. Go to Options, click "Controls", then select list named "Controller subtype" and select "Wheel" - this will change the way the game handles the controller's axes. Explanation of each option:

"Wheel" - used only with a steering wheel, technically any steering wheel is supported.

"Gamepad, joystick" - used only if you're using a gamepad, for example: Logitech F310

IMPORTANT: don't bind any axis to "Turn left" or Turn right" controls or else you'll have serious issues with driving. Also don't ever think about pressing A or D(default controls) while driving. Those binds are digital so it'll instantly snap into minimum and maximum possible value.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I'll try this. Thanks.

Would you happen to know why the in game steering wheel shakes when turning left and right? I can't seem to fix this. 

The game has force feedback support. As you turn, it simply attempts to give dampening effect on the controller, but since your steering wheel uses vibration feedback, it causes the wheel to vibrate as you turn the wheel. On the same tab, where you was selecting the subtype you can adjust each effect or even disable force feedback entirely. By setting the stiffness all the way to the left, you simply disable the effect. 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

The game has force feedback support. As you turn, it simply attempts to give dampening effect on the controller, but since your steering wheel uses vibration feedback, it causes the wheel to vibrate as you turn the wheel. On the same tab, where you was selecting the subtype you can adjust each effect or even disable force feedback entirely. By setting the stiffness all the way to the left, you simply disable the effect. 

Thanks,

What I meant was that the steering wheel in the cab on the screen is kinda shaking when I steer it left or right. Sorry, I should have explained it a bit better then I did. 

The wheel may be too sensitive. To change the sensitivity setting:

Press and hold SELECT and START at the same time for 3 seconds. Following that, the green LED will glow. 
Press the SELECT button to display the current setting: medium (green LED flashes), high (the green LED flashes quickly), low (the green LED flashes slowly).
Press the SELECT button to switch between the individual sensitivity levels.
Press the up button on the digital D-pad to confirm the setting and complete the process.

The other cause may be also in the wheel's x axis variable resistor, it may be dirty or faulty.

The wheel may be too sensitive. To change the sensitivity setting:

The other cause may be also in the wheel's x axis variable resistor, it may be dirty or faulty.

Thanks for that. I did find this on the makers website, sadly it didn't help. The wheel shaking on the screen isn't too bad. Its just a bit distracting when driving. 

I'm not sure if to get a replacement/refund for it as I don't know if its faulty. 

Edit: Thanks for all the help Titanic4. I've decided to go back to using the controller. :)

Archived