Fix for Ghost Driving

S2020

Suggestion Name: Fix for Ghost Driving

Suggestion Description: Fix for Drivers who forgets their lights in the dark...

Unlike real life, game , monitors, gamma settings can be adjusted to see in the dark. Players often playing other games that adjusted their settings, often does not realise if their beams are on or off. Especially if they are doing Quick jobs or when they change their trucks, all of them come with lights off, with "city lights" being too bright thanks to SCS, they don't even realise it.

Now to suggestion: A checkbox that comes "default ticked" to Options that between 17:00 - 08:00 server time every other player vehicle that will be drawn / spawned on my screen is shown as "lights on" always, unless they use their high beams or do beam flash. They will not notice this on their own screen ofcourse, they can go on whatever they please, but they will never be seen as their lights off in my own screen. In the end, their light state always send to me as data. 

Also in day time, they are shown as their default state, beams off / high beam / standard beam, whatever they use will be same as they use. But between 17:00 to 08:00, they will be shown with "standard beam on" if they use parking or no lights. That will not effect any other players, only their appearance on my screen.

Thus, solving the ghost drivers, whether intentional or forgetting once and for all. 

Why should it be added?: For everyone's safety

• Upvote 1

"Trucking is like love... Only newbies go fast and end up early

"

Also I dont get how people can forget to turn their lights on, unless their blind its pitch black for them. Or they're just trolling.

Sometimes i turn them off when i'm alone on a highway just because it takes around 10FPS when they're switched on, and my PC isn't really great. There was a mod that fixed the issue, but since mods can't be enabled, i have to deal with it.

OT: +1 if it can be done.

PinKPanther1020.png

• 3 weeks later...

Although this would be a great idea, having the setting set to default for times wouldn't work. Multiplayer don't write the SCS game and therefore they are not able to edit the game engine in this sort of way. Warning systems in chat or popups on screen could work if this helps. But I am not sure how they will link this to whether a user has lights on or not.

• Upvote 1

AddFriend.png

• 2 years later...

Nowadays, they will receive a warning and then they are being kicked from the server for driving without headlights.

Done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.