Problem loading game saves

SupiUK

Question

8 answers to this question

Thanks for the info.

Yes, it's true. Once you start your profile on the new version, it can't work anymore on older ones, as newer version obviously have new content that said profile must have.

I haven't started a new game save on a new version? This is the same game save when I originally got the game.

Does it automatically change when opened and played on a newer version?

I haven't started a new game save on a new version? This is the same game save when I originally got the game.

Does it automatically change when opened and played on a newer version?

By start, I meant open. If you open your existing profile on the latest version, 1.20, the profile update it's content with the new features of the new version, and you can't downgrade a profile.

So there are two ways to avoid this issue:

1) Use the backup savegame, like J3B said, that you can find in Documents-Euro Truck Simulator 2-profiles(1.19.X).bak

2) Use two separate profiles, one only for SP and the other one only for MP, and make sure to remember to not open the MP one when the new profile comes out.

I use a SP profile with mods, and a MP only profile.

By start, I meant open. If you open your existing profile on the latest version, 1.20, the profile update it's content with the new features of the new version, and you can't downgrade a profile.

So there are two ways to avoid this issue:

1) Use the backup savegame, like J3B said, that you can find in Documents-Euro Truck Simulator 2-profiles(1.19.X).bak

2) Use two separate profiles, one only for SP and the other one only for MP, and make sure to remember to not open the MP one when the new profile comes out.

I use a SP profile with mods, and a MP only profile.

Thanks for your help.

Do we know when 1.20 is going to be released for MP so my saves will work again?