Problem with opening the application

Question

Hello to anyone that can help

every time i install ets2 mp and try to launch it, Once installed on my computer i go to open the application and it just keeps coming up with"The program cant start because steam_api.dll is missing from your computer. try reinstalling the program to fix this problem'but every time i try it keeps doing the same thing and i cannot work.

so if you could help it would greatly appreciated 

7 answers to this question

Possible solutions:

1) 

• Run the Steam and MP as Administrator

2) 

• Reinstall Steam, EuroTruckSimulator 2 and the Mod
  • Run them as Administrator

3) 

• Reinstall Steam and EuroTruckSimulator 2 on another partition, one that is different from the windows partition.
  • Reinstall the MP mod, to the default location.

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

this has not fixed it where should i be installing the application to cause at the moment it is set to C:\Program Files\Euro Truck Simulator 2\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

You have Euro Truck Simulator 2 the Steam version? because the path should be different.   C:\Program Files\Steam/steamapps/common/eurotrucksimulator 2

And the multiplayer mod should be in something like  C:\Program Files\Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

Some say the world will end in fire / Some say in ice / From what i've tasted of desire / I hold with those who favor fire

But if it had to perish twice / I think i know enough of hate / To say that for destruction ice / It also grate And wold suffice

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.