Cant connect to the server - High ping

its_mee254

Question

Hello.

I haven't had a problem with ping in a while. My ping was 120-150 most of the time, which I think is good. But for some time my ping is 300 and above 300. It's because of my vpn that sometimes messes up. I'm tired of vpn. I want to fix the problem of not connecting to the server. I am Iranian and my country has put a lot of filtering for its citizens. we can't access most of the social networks without VPN. Unfortunately, TruckersMP seems to be filtered here for some reason. When I first got the game, I used to play without VPN, but after a few days, I couldn't play without VPN anymore. When I tried to play, the server gave me an error saying try again in 10 seconds and kicked me. Other Iranians had the same problem. How can I join the server without VPN?

11 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, its_mee254 said:

Hello.

I haven't had a problem with ping in a while. My ping was 120-150 most of the time, which I think is good. But for some time my ping is 300 and above 300. It's because of my vpn that sometimes messes up. I'm tired of vpn. I want to fix the problem of not connecting to the server. I am Iranian and my country has put a lot of filtering for its citizens. we can't access most of the social networks without VPN. Unfortunately, TruckersMP seems to be filtered here for some reason. When I first got the game, I used to play without VPN, but after a few days, I couldn't play without VPN anymore. When I tried to play, the server gave me an error saying try again in 10 seconds and kicked me. Other Iranians had the same problem. How can I solve this problem?

Greetings, @its_mee254

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP Forums. 

I'm sorry about to hear you're having connection issues at now. 

You can try one of the following solutions; (maybe one of them will solve your connection issues) 

-Stay away from busy cities and roads.
-Try to get internet over ethernet instead of using Wi-Fi.
-Do not download / upload any other while playing TruckersMP.
-Do not do Windows Updates while in the game.
-Try not to have too many users or devices on your network at the same time.
-You should not use streaming services at the same time.
-Check your firewall settings.
-Choose to use servers closest to your location.
-Try talking to your IS (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can find a solution.

I also recommend you to visit this topic -> 

Kind Regards,

RedNub

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver V | H&K  Community Manager

• Upvote 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

There is nothing you can do about it, because of regional network restrictions, you must use a VPN to get a stable ping.

https://1.1.1.1/ is a free VPN that gets suggested a lot in the support channel on Discord.
See this conversation where someone encountered the exact same issue as you and could resolve it by using this VPN:
https://discord.com/channels/307433337126125568/307485773991510017/1202343038895280239

You are free to connect to any server of your choosing.

take pleasure in helping others

On 4/25/2024 at 9:13 PM, RedNub said:

Greetings, @its_mee254

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP Forums. 

I'm sorry about to hear you're having connection issues at now. 

You can try one of the following solutions; (maybe one of them will solve your connection issues) 

-Stay away from busy cities and roads.
-Try to get internet over ethernet instead of using Wi-Fi.
-Do not download / upload any other while playing TruckersMP.
-Do not do Windows Updates while in the game.
-Try not to have too many users or devices on your network at the same time.
-You should not use streaming services at the same time.
-Check your firewall settings.
-Choose to use servers closest to your location.
-Try talking to your IS (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can find a solution.

I also recommend you to visit this topic -> 

Kind Regards,

RedNub

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver V | H&K  Community Manager

Hello.

Thanks for the help, but my goal is to be able to connect to the server. The ping is high because of VPN, if I can connect to the server without VPN, the ping problem will be solved.
Things I did:
Delete temp files
Using a LAN cable instead of Wi-Fi
Reseting the modem
Use another internet service provider

And also to say that my internet service provider has no information about why I can't connect to the TruckersMP server for several reasons, because TruckersMP is not famous in my country and most of the games are filtered, so my internet service provider can't do anything. Maybe I can make settings so that I can connect to the server, I heard that some people have been able to connect to the games by changing DNS or something like that.

On 4/26/2024 at 2:55 AM, Solaric said:

TruckersMP kicks autokicks you at 600 ping.

600 ping is quite hard to achieve in my opinion, but you can try to connect to a closer server to the TruckersMP servers which to my knowledge, the European servers are in France.

Hope this helped.

Hello.

The problem is that I cannot connect to the server. VPN has many problems, including high ping. I want to know if there is any way I can connect without vpn.

On 4/26/2024 at 4:00 AM, Begonia_三指解扣 said:

There is nothing you can do about it, because of regional network restrictions, you must use a VPN to get a stable ping.

https://1.1.1.1/ is a free VPN that gets suggested a lot in the support channel on Discord.
See this conversation where someone encountered the exact same issue as you and could resolve it by using this VPN:
https://discord.com/channels/307433337126125568/307485773991510017/1202343038895280239

You are free to connect to any server of your choosing.

Hello.

I downloaded it and tested both 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.1 with warp and both failed to connect.

8 hours ago, Roy Pegasus said:

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answer(s)?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum organized!

I look forward to your response.

King regards,
Roy Pegasus
TruckersMP Support & Translator

Hello.

Unfortunately not yet.

Hello there! 

Since your topic has been inactive for more than 3 days, I will go ahead and move your topic to the "Inactive Topics" section. 

If you wish for this topic to be open again, please message myself or another Support Team member to have it open. 

Kind Regards, 

Fast-rider

TruckersMP Support & Event Team 

//Locked and Moved to Inactive

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

Hello there!

Since this topic has been inactive for more than a week, I am going to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you need any help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket.

Kind regards,
Roy Pegasus
TruckersMP Support & Translator

//Moved to Unsolved Topics