More fps with high settings?

Helllo theree @bronco_

My name is RedNub and my hobby is answering questions here at TruckersMP. 

According that what you have asked about I would advise to change some settings posted below. 

Some of it are common solutions but don't have to change too much. 

Keep your graphics drivers always updated! (Do not use beta version of graphics driver as it may contains any mistakes made by NVIDIA, AMD) 

Settings in - game 

- Enable Vsync  - is always better to having a Stable FPS Rate around 60 than often a Jumping between 180 till 45 or lower.

- Set Scale to 200% could be less 125% could be less

- Disable MLAA

- Disable DOF

- Set all following Quality Settings to hight, it do not have everything on max quallity - it depends on your components in your PC

- Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.

TruckersMP Launcher 

-  try unclick some of them as Cabin Accesories in another trucks, Flags, and draw distance reduce to min. 

- Development Logging  

- Smoothing Distance

- Load Cabin Accessoires

- Load Flags

- Aditional Lights

- Draw Distance 

Also please remember, that FPS will drop dramaticlly if you are close or passing a really busy area, once you have crossed the area you will be fine,

Hope, that something will help to you! 

Regards,

RedNub

TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver V | H&K Community Manager 

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

It depends on your PC Specs in General. Some Details are constant CPU calculated, Some are CPU calculated in low Setting and by GPU calculated in High Detail Setting! So, set a Higher Detail Level can indeed increase the FPS, but the Impact is not that high in TruckersMP! 150% Scaling on 1920x1080p can Increase your FPS. Shadows to Ultra increase the FPS, cause they are then GPU calculated. SMAA deactivated by Game and activated by GPU Driver Setting can have an massive Performance Impact.

But on TruckersMP it is a different Story, cause here it depends more on how many Players are in your immediate Area, how high is the Ping difference between each other and how many save Edited Very Long Dong Shlong Disco Ball Beacon/Strobe/Highbeam Bright Lightnings Trucks are present!

r_mirrors_view_distance 8000 - 164900 ( 8GB Ram) can increase the Game Performance overall. As more RAM you have, you can increase this Number, it is a Trial and Error to find the best Setting for your PC!

r_buffer_page_size 120 Increase the overall Performance

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

2 hours ago, bronco_ said:

@RedNub This post is about achieving the most FPS and not playing with Vsync and 60 FPS.
@If Its Itchy,Just Scratch How does it benefit performance, what should I set it to to get the best result?
@InsanoDeath Will I get better FPS with this setting than Low and scaling to 100%?

Yes you will get it. better FPS and quality mix.

• Like 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

INDIAN-TRUCKERS.png

11 hours ago, bronco_ said:

@RedNub This post is about achieving the most FPS and not playing with Vsync and 60 FPS.
@If Its Itchy,Just Scratch How does it benefit performance, what should I set it to to get the best result?
@InsanoDeath Will I get better FPS with this setting than Low and scaling to 100%?

There are so many Guides about FPS Tweaking forsuch Games. Overall, these Guides can partly applied to your System. At the End, No One can really tell which of these Guides being the Best for your System. You need to find it out on your own, by Trial and Error! For Beginners it might be a bit overwhelming to see all those Guides. At First you need to sort them by your Game, then by Date to keep a actual State. Once you watched a few of them, and tried out some Tips you will have a good Base. Then you can start to do some "Fine Tuning"!

Fact is, what working Today and increased the Performance, can cause the Opposite when the Game changed the Version and/or Some Driver Version of your System have changed.

The First console Command increase Data flow between RAM and GPU RAM, so the GPU can calculate the Frames Faster!

The 2nd Command increase the Amount of Map Data loaded into RAM, so there is less loading from the HDD!

• True Story 1

Tired of being Banned and Insulted for Reckless Driving/Overtaking?! Join the "6x4-300" Horsepower Gang! Experience Real Truck Driving and Chilled Acceleration!

In addition to the other launch options mentioned above, I have the following for better performance (and for other reasons):

-64bit
-nointro
-unlimitedlog
-rdevice dx11
-mm_max_resource_size 32
-mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000
-mm_pool_size 1024

For that last option (-mm_pool_size), the number should be half your RAM.

- If you have 2 GB:  1024

- If you have 4 GB:  2048

- If you have 8 GB:  4096

- If you have 16 GB:  8192

- If you have 32 GB:  16384

If I remember correctly (I haven't played in a while), you should be able to add these launch options in the new TruckersMP Launcher. I think you can also add the launch options to the end of the desktop shortcut for the old TruckersMP Launcher.

--------------------

If you do not want to use VSync (some people complain about frame tearing and input lag when using it), the upcoming 1.50 update has a new FPS limiter - I strongly recommend setting this to your monitor refresh rate, otherwise your GPU will be overworked by trying to put out 800 FPS in menus (you can also set a lower FPS limit for when you are Alt+Tabbed out of the game).

Also, there is a new Temporal Anti-Aliasing feature in 1.50. Previously there was a plugin (now payware) that added this, and people said the game looked better and had better FPS with it enabled; you'll have to see if the SCS version does anything for you.

• True Story 1

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

I've read that it doesn't make much of a difference, but I still do it for all my games just in case.

Just be aware that setting high priority in Task Manager is not permanent; you need to do it through the registry, which you can do by putting this into a .reg file:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\eurotrucks2.exe\PerfOptions]
"CpuPriorityClass"=dword:00000003

Any and all opinions are my own. Generalizations and interpretations are based on public information and do not reflect the positions of any organization.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 4:30 PM, -TurboStar- said:

Not always, if you turn V-Sync off you might get a boost in FPS, also depends what PC you are using

I think you didnt understand the question. I want the most FPS and dont playing with stable 60fps with vsync 

If you want higher fps, you can only replace your device or motherboard, hardware.🤔

Want to play a game together? https://truckersmp.com/

Feedback system? https://truckersmp.com/feedback/create

If you want to report it?https://truckersmp.com/reports/create

Truckers/3D