how I increase the fps

FBTC restless..

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi @restless..

Improve your PC's frame rate with the following

1.   Firstly, switch on your computer, right-click on a blank space on your desktop, select the "NVIDIA Control Panel" option from the list that appears and click on it

2.   In the NVIDIA Control Panel window, find the "Programme Settings" button and click on it

On the page that appears, find "Select a preferred graphics processor for this application" and select "High performance NVIDIA processor" below it

4.   Then look for the "Battery" icon in the taskbar at the bottom right corner of your computer, right-click on it and select "Power Options" from the list that appears

5.   After entering the power options, set the power supply to "High Performance" and you are done!

Have a good time!

• Thanks 1

Kind regards,

Bello QAQ

Languages:CHN, EN, FR

Rules         Support     |     Report     |     Feedback     |     Appeal Ban

spacer.png

Hi @restless..

It's great to see that you're achieving 60 FPS when the area isn't too crowded. However, when the GPU usage increases around lots of players, and your FPS drops, this suggests a GPU bottleneck, as the graphics card struggles to render all the additional player models and their truck details.

1. Lower In-Game Graphics Settings:
   Start by reducing some of the in-game graphics settings that are particularly demanding on your GPU. This includes lowering the quality of shadows and turning off or lowering options like anti-aliasing, texture quality, and reflection detail.

2. Manage Background Applications:
   Close unnecessary applications running in the background that may be consuming system resources and affecting game performance.

3. Optimize Windows for Gaming:
   You can adjust your Windows settings for better gaming performance by setting your Power Plan to 'High Performance' and ensuring that the game is given high priority in the Task Manager.

Hope this helps and happy trucking!

Austin1203

• Thanks 1

@restless..

Hello! Regarding your problem, I can give you the following suggestions:
1. Try to stay away from route C-D (that is, the trail from Calais to Duisburg), because there will be many players driving on this route in that place, and some players will use code files to play the game. If the network and configuration are not good, they will get stuck or disconnect instantly.
2. Try to stay away from the Sirkenes city and Sirkenes mine on the P server, which are also visited by many players.
In short, try not to go to the CD route and P server Sirkenes. Even if you have to go, it is best to lower the game quality. To prevent unnecessary trouble!

• Thanks 1

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answer(s)?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum organized!

I look forward to your response.

King regards,

Elih

TruckersMP Support

A couple of methods on how to fix it:

1) Make sure your computer is scanned with antivirus first

2) Any heavy application that you have installed in your computer can cause decrease of performance in game

3) You can lower the in game graphic a bit by customizing it yourself or selecting one of the default graphics options, also dont forget that mirrors are most intensive, so you should lower them first

4) Make sure when customizing your truck you dont put a lot of strobe/beacons lights otherwise it will cause lag

5) Lower the draw distance by pressing Alt > Settings > Graphics, and from there there is an option to lower the draw distance which is the distance of traffic to appear as you get closer, a lower draw distance should give you a good bump in fps

I hope that helps

Kind Regards
-TurboStar-

Hello there!

Since this topic has been inactive for more than 3 days since the last reply, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you have any further queries, feel free to DM me or another Support Team member, and we will open this topic as per your request.

Thank you all for your participation!

Kind regards,
Roy Pegasus
TruckersMP Trial Support & Translator

//Locked and Moved to Inactive.

Hello there!

Since this topic has been inactive for more than a week, I am going to move it to Unsolved Topics.

If you need any help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket!

Kind regards,
Roy Pegasus
TruckersMP Trial Support & Translator

//Moved to Unsolved Topics