Frames stayed the same after the GPU upgrade

multíwαч

Question

I upgraded from a 3060 12gigs to a 4070 12 gigs, and the frames stayed same in truckersmp. Please keep in mind that i made the test in truckersmp, not in euro truck simulator 2. With 70 players around, i was getting 30-40 fps with the 3060, i am still getting the same fps. Maybe just 2 or 3 more. Why is that? My CPU is a Ryzen 5 7600X. And in the FurMark test, it got 16040 points without exceeding 53 degrees celsius.

7 answers to this question

I don't know if i am going correct.. but i think i know what's the problem. I think it's primarily a server fault - Players are managed via server resources rather than your PC's. So when a lot of people are in the same area, your FPS wouldn't change much, this is because your hardware doesn't manage players (your client isn't), but they're being managed via server's CPU and RAM.

Another thing could be that ETS2 it's not a game that's GPU-bound, but maybe it's CPU-bound, so a GPU upgrade wouldn't make you get more FPS, maybe a CPU upgrade would, but not significantly, as your CPU seems to be a good option fo your GPU, as your PC build shouldn't have any bottlenecks even with 70/80 players in the same area in TruckersMP.

Last thing but not least, you could also check your RAM specs. I think that the minimum requirements to have a smooth and high-FPS game are at least 16 GB of RAM and dual-channel (2 x 8GB) memory sticks, or if not dual-channel at least one at 3600MHz (1 x 16GB). The reason i'm telling you this is that while RAM memory amount matters, RAM speed also matters. Having a dual-channel configuration instead of a single-channel one can increase performance in general by a lot, especially if you have like two memory sticks that go at 3200MHz/3600MHz each.

Hello there, @multíwαч

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP help section! : )

My name is Petr, and I will be answering your topic and try to help you with your current issue. 

----------------------------------

According to what you have explained you encounter with FPS issue which is one from known issues. 

Firstly, I wanna ask if you did some graphics update, because it could be cause by that, if the driver is wrongly set as  there can be a betaversion of some driver.

I recommend you to set up thus settings as written down there.

Settings in - game 

- Enable Vsync  - is always better to having a Stable FPS Rate around 60 than often a Jumping between 180 till 45 or lower.

- Set Scale to 200% could be less 125% could be less

- Disable MLAA

- Disable DOF

- Set all following Quality Settings to hight, it do not have everything on max quallity - it depends on your components in your PC

- Disable Anisotropic Filtering by moving the Slider to the left Side.

TruckersMP Launcher 

-  try unclick some of them as Cabin Accesories in another trucks, Flags, and draw distance reduce to min. 

- Development Logging  

- Smoothing Distance

- Load Cabin Accessoires

- Load Flags

- Aditional Lights

- Draw Distance 

Also please remember, that FPS will drop dramaticlly if you are close or passing a really busy area, once you have crossed the area you will be fine,

As last step you can try to re-install your graphics drivers  or re-install TMP Launcher  

Hope I could help you with my instructions! 

I'm waiting for your response

Kind Regards,

RedNub
TruckersMP Patron Master Trucker & Veteran Driver V | TruckClub Mega Trucker

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answer(s)?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum organized!

I look forward to your response.

King regards,

Elih

TruckersMP Support

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.

Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM our support team members, we will open this again.

Thanks to all for participation!

Kind Regards,
Krisi
TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

//locked and moved to Inactive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d

Hello there,

I am going to move this topic to the Unsolved Section since your topic has been inactive for more than one week.

Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket!

Kind Regards,

Fast-rider

TruckersMP Support & Event Team 

//Moved to Unsolved

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png