Loads Based on Economic Demand

Darth Wazawai

Suggestion Name: Loads Based on Economic Demand

Any example imageshttps://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/579x685q90/23/101ej.png(land image from a dead project, easy to envision how a db would look for loads)

Why should it be added?: I know Devs where/are planning on making a internal economic part of the game (VTC can assign loads within mp, etc), This could add a little twist to it.

Suggestion Description: Its going to be Complex, so i put it here. I have allotted my self 30 minutes to post this so...

A few years back i started working on a economics game. But like many things life got in the way. However it might be a little useful here... No code was actually done just logic.

Basically my idea is a script runs every 15 minutes (Cron Job) which generates a new list of loads to replace the expired ones.

So say the game has 8,000 loads (82 cities currently giving every city 100 loads ea) and the avg life time of a load is 5 hours. So the (a) server would have to generate 107 new loads a minute. Really a small number.

Anyways Load distribution goes based on 3 factors Popularity, Demand, and Economy.

Popularity: how often a truck will go threw load unload in that one city. So basically places like London Rotterdam Amsterdam etc will get a better load selection than the rest.

Demand: Much like popularity what goes in must come out. So if everyone wants to ship cars, they become a premium and the game will increase the value of the transport along with level requirements, or increase cargo availability and lower the value of the loads.

Economy: The cities with the least traffic (like going east) will have less loads going in and out, and will prob be less valuable, may have stricter time restrictions and or damage requirements.

Whats needed for this to work?

Server side Cargo

Server Side Profiles

Collection of Completed loads (on time 1/0, damage ###%, etc), This has multiple uses.

a small server generating the loads possibly (literally a intel atom from kimisurf should work)

A little interesting tidbit would be with the 2nd server, you can have a vtc log-in for dispatchers to send out loads to workers, making it so loads are only seen by that/those worker(s)

Sounds complicated but all that needs to happen is the needed part and porting in the live list and specific user loads for VTC are easy. I'd give a example db layout using a save file load for a live list but i have now hit the 30 min limit. Maybe tomorrow. 

It might be a worth mentioning to avoid higher level players taking loads for rookies a level restriction for most loads would be a good idea even if a doubt cargo list count is required.

• Upvote 2

Signature removed by a wondering ghost

SUS0M9O.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.