An option for the speed limiter to use in-game speed limits

Suggestion Name: Enhanced speed limiter

Suggestion Description:

It's fairly straight-forward.

Currently, there is an option when you press tab and go to .. forgot which tab, you can select to use the speed limiter to limit your truck to 90 kmh. 

Personally, I like to, especially in very busy areas, stick to the actual in-game speed limits. What if there was a separate option or something where you could select to have the speed limiter adhere to in-game limits?

So if the limit is 80, your truck's limit is 80. If it's 60, your truck's limit is 60, etc.

Now, I know you can just ... stick to the limits yourself, and use cruise control to stick to them and what not .. but this would make it a bit more easier still. Just a nice quality of life feature. 

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

More safe driving!

• Upvote 2

Good Suggestion, it can be done so that people play more within speed limits as it is after all a SIMULATION game.
I know it can't be forcefully applied on all players but just imagine CD road with this feature, the accident rate will surely fall but then the traffic will eventually fall  as people want to speed as far as i think.

• Upvote 1

I think it's a reasonable idea. Because it is the game closest to reality, it would be nice to comply with the speed limits. As people requested, the speed limit on the Simulation 2 server was 150, but there are very few players. So, most of the players like to play the speed limit close to reality. For example, if the truck had a sign reading system and when we fixed the speed, the speed would increase or decrease according to the signs. SCS should actually bring this, but maybe the TruckersMP team can do it too. This is essentially a truck game, not a racing or speeding game. If you want speed, play Asetto or Forza. I agree with your suggestion.

On 2/2/2024 at 6:58 PM, [IMP] Rimuru Tempest said:

while i do like the idea....i am also not against it if this was forcefully implemented for SIM 1 server and keep SIM 2 as the race server but that is again my opinion.

I wouldn't mind that either. Perhaps there could even be speed limit differences for trucks/busses/cars and separate from that, perhaps staff. But I think if we were to force this, it might give a lot of backlash. However, I think it would greatly improve simulation/immersion and road safety in general. At least in busy areas. 

On the other hand, I think if we were to force that on people - if the road limit is 60, you can't go higher than 60 - it would take away a *lot* of the freedom. Part of the simulation is that not everyone sticks to the rules, funnily enough. 

On 1/28/2024 at 2:25 PM, Lowlander said:

Suggestion Name: Enhanced speed limiter

Suggestion Description:

It's fairly straight-forward.

Currently, there is an option when you press tab and go to .. forgot which tab, you can select to use the speed limiter to limit your truck to 90 kmh. 

Personally, I like to, especially in very busy areas, stick to the actual in-game speed limits. What if there was a separate option or something where you could select to have the speed limiter adhere to in-game limits?

So if the limit is 80, your truck's limit is 80. If it's 60, your truck's limit is 60, etc.

Now, I know you can just ... stick to the limits yourself, and use cruise control to stick to them and what not .. but this would make it a bit more easier still. Just a nice quality of life feature. 

Any example images: 

Why should it be added?:

More safe driving!

Well, rather than sticking to the actual limit, you can add a few km/h as tolerance.

I always handle it that way:

City: 50/52 km/h

Countryside: 60/64, 70/74 and 80/84 km/h

Highway: 80/87, 90/90, 97/97 (UK), 100/100 (RO) km/h

As literally no one drives exactly the posted limit. But other than that, such a limiter is good.
Eventually make it non-removeable if you don't have a certain amount of hours. That'd be for sure amazing 😛

• Like 1

Your average pleb from Austria.

Favorite Truck: MAN TGX 2022, 4*2 Chassis, 500hp Engine and a 12 Speed Gearbox (Automatic).

Favorite Trailer: Dryvan from SCS

My VTC (on Trucky😞

badge

If the speed limit is 90, it is not the game or TruckersMP, but the player should be expected to comply with this speed limit. I have traffic fines and sometimes I get speed limit fines. With this method, it will be much smaller and will lose realism. After my first comment, I thought again and I think this idea is not a good one.

Edited by _Parzival
Adding