Truckersmp doesnt use my GPU

A$ER

Question

Hey Guys,

My problem is that my Gpu usage when playing is pretty bad like realy bad. I have a Radeon Rx 6700xt 12GB, which is a pretty good gpu. It runs every game i play smoothly (Apex Legends, COD and so on) but when i play TruckersMP if im in calais i barely get over 20 FPS which is almost unbelieveable. I tried everything, read every Topic and never found a fix. My CPU is a i5 12400f which is a good CPU so there is no Bottleneck and i have a god PC Airflow. I tried putting the settings on low and i cant get over 20 fps. which is weird i made the game High performance and also didnt work. I would love to get this solved since I have seen many people with the same problem. And dont tell me stay out of Calais, im trying to have fun i like it when there is many people in one spot. I actually also tested Apex legends today on Ultra settings and the FPS didnt drop a bit. So I dont know i think its a Problem inside the Game no way my PC is that bad i cant get more than 20 FPS. Please find a solution it wont just help me it will help many others. I also sometimes think its Because i have an AMD GPU, for example maybe the game just doesnt detect my GPU because not many Have an AMD Gpu its just a dumb thought but it might be true, since every1 ive met with high fps ingame has a Nvidia Gpu.

Thanks for listening

Best Regards.

8 answers to this question

It takes a VERY powerful computer to get more than 30 fps with 90-130 players nearby, that's just how TruckersMP is.

You can get higher fps if you lower/disable certain graphics options (such as scaling) but its likely you won't see much of a gain.

If you see people saying they're getting in excess of 80 fps in Calais when its busy, they are lying.

24H4oa0.jpg

@A$ER

Hello! About your question! I can only suggest, because I heard from you that you like to run places with a lot of players, so the CD route (plus the trail to Duisburg) is a good choice, but you say that your FPS is very low. In this case, I can only say that you can stay away from the CD. I will express my opinion. This is not to say that your computer can run on the CD with a high configuration, but because some players like to use code cars to run on the CD route. If the number of players' code cars superimposed exceeds the specified number, it will add a lot of carrying capacity to the server, which will inevitably affect the FPS of other players, and even cause a card phenomenon to the server. I don't think it will have a good effect if the image quality is reduced in the game settings. So I can only tell you that I suggest you stay away from there. Even if you really want to enter a place with a lot of players, it is best to enter from the middle, it should be better!

Hello @A$ER,the problem you're describing is very common,indeed your PC is not bad,I have an rtx 3060 12 Gb Vram, 22 gb ram and a good cpu.I also have 20 fps with many players sometimes 10 fps if there are 150 players near by as well.But I think that's how the engine works,I'm not sure if the developers can do anything if the problem is from the game itself and not from the servers.But I may be wrong

Hello, first of all I wish you a good day. I hope you are having a nice day. I understand your problem but don't worry I'm here to help!

• Since there are 150 people in the same place in Calais, your game's FPS drops a lot. I understand this, but unfortunately there is no solution. This situation is due to optimization problems of both Ets 2 and Truckersmp.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me!

Good Night!

Regards,

Samderali.

Hello. FPS drop in populated places is not caused by the graphics card but by server limitations. Imagine, for example, that you connect online to your computer from another place and browse photos from your computer, and then imagine that 100 people connect to your computer and want to view the same photos at the same time. Can you imagine how slow it will be to load these photos for 100 people? I have an Nvidia RTX3080 and outside crowded places I have 170 FPS and in crowded places with over 100 people I barely have 20 FPS. And this is normal. With 400 people I had 2 FPS 🙂