IL-2 Sturmovik

poopingcorn

I created this because I'm bored.

IL-2 Sturmovik is a flight simulation game released in 2014. It is set during the second world war and you can fly iconic fighter planes and fly in a variety of missions. It has advanced aerodynamics and has an amazing damage model. 

There is also a tank module, where you can drive a variety of tanks from both the Allied and Axis side. It is a multi-crew tank game, meaning that you can take the role of each crew (Driver, Gunner, Commander and Machine gunner). Each tank has a very detailed interior, and the ballistics are realistically implemented as well. There is also multiplayer, where you can fly with your friends, or you can even invite your friends into your tank, where everyone can be a part of the crew.

Here are a few screenies that I took.

Messerschmitt Bf 109.

grafik.png

T-34.

grafik.png

Panzerkampfwagen 4 that survived a cannon shot.

grafik.png

Emergency landing in a Messerschmitt Bf 109.

grafik.png

Interior of a Yak-1 after dogfighting.

grafik.png

Panzerkampfwagen 4 missing the commander's cupola.

grafik.png

The interior of the Panzerkampfwagen 4 turret. The person in front is the loader.

grafik.png

Messerschmitt Bf 109 that landed a little bit too hard.

grafik.png

Now here are my words about this game.

This game has a special place to my heart, really. Ever since I bought this game right after prom, I already fell in love with it. I really like the way how it's detailed, from the aerodynamics to the cockpit models. Not to mention the tank module as well, it is the realest I can get to see the power of a tank. Why go to a tank museum when I have this game, hehe. It even has a historical career mode, where it explains the events of WW2 air combats. Sometimes I forget that I'm even playing a game while I'm flying. I use this game to take a break from my daily life.

The developers clearly gave their best with this game and I really appreciate their hard work and effort they've put in this.

If you happen to play this game as well, then I'd love to hear your thoughts about it.

If you are interested in airplanes and vehicles during the WW2 era, like me, then this game is really worth a try.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.