Website's timezones

[MCG] HamaLeon

Suggestion Name: Website's timezones

Suggestion Description: I appeal to you on behalf of the entire Ukrainian community. As you know, there is a war and having a Europe/Moscow time zone is not convenient for us, we can say that we are oppressing ourselves. So I would like to ask you to add Europe/Kyiv timezone, it would help us a lot!

Any example images: image.png.8e3710709501cf15f50192159f45e59d.png

Why should it be added?: written in "Suggestion Description" and plus there are simply no other options(mean, I live in Europe and my timezone +3:00 UTC, but also I'm not in russia).

Thank you

Hello @[MCG] HamaLeon,

I was going to make this suggestion a while ago, but then found out that the Europe/Athens timezone is identical to Europe/Kyiv. In my opinion, there's really no reason to add another timezone that's identical to an existing one. Also considering the fact that using Europe/Moscow isn't really convenient in our case - it's always on GMT+3, and doesn't move back 1 hour in the winter.

Hope this clears up any confusion.

Truly yours,

djoh

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 11:30 PM, [MCG] HamaLeon said:

Suggestion Name: Website's timezones

Suggestion Description: I appeal to you on behalf of the entire Ukrainian community. As you know, there is a war and having a Europe/Moscow time zone is not convenient for us, we can say that we are oppressing ourselves. So I would like to ask you to add Europe/Kyiv timezone, it would help us a lot!

Any example images: image.png.8e3710709501cf15f50192159f45e59d.png

Why should it be added?: written in "Suggestion Description" and plus there are simply no other options(mean, I live in Europe and my timezone +3:00 UTC, but also I'm not in russia).

Thank you

As @djoh said,i reccomend you to change your timezone to Europe/athens.

It would be a lot more convinient for you(i hope)

3 hours ago, [MCG] HamaLeon said:

Isn't it easy to add new ones?

Mean in general, if there will be more timezones it will be easier to find out who is from where, when you go to someone's page

Yeah but the list might become overfilled. I mean say you would add every capital of the world you would have 200+ cities in the list, not to mention the countries with multiple timezones. It wouldn't have that much use to add every city in the timezone list.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1