Increase SP Profile Restrictions to be allowed to join MP

Sunstrider

I'm well aware there is another topic. However, it's locked. Please don't lock this and deny the community from discussing.

Suggestion Name: Increase SP Profile Restrictions to be allowed to join MP

Suggestion Description: As you may or may not know, all you have to do to register an account here is to accumulate 2 hours of playtime. This measure is to avoid the game being refunded. Somebody buys it, trolls the server, and refunds it. That would be a typical troll move.

What measures can be in play to ensure new profiles have progress before joining?

1. Profile Playtime.
  2. Steam Account Playtime.
  3. Required Level.

How can this be enforced?

• Devs can check for career history to ensure the game is being played instead of just AFK'ing for time.
  • A profile name check should also be in place. Because, someone will do all the work and just upload their save. Then link to it so that those who don't want to play will meet the requirements to join the server.
  • The main problem with time, they will just leave the game running as they accumulate time. Therefore, the career history check comes into play.
  • Required Level should be when the last skill point is earned.

Any example images: No

Why should it be added?: This will ensure everyone has an understanding of how to play the game. This will also deny trolls from potentially cheating in some money (for scout car and repair bills), on a new profile, so that they can do what they do best on the server.

tl;dr: Add profile checks for time on profile, time on steam account, career history, and the max skill point level to ensure trolls don't just join the server and have experience on hand.

• Upvote 1

What will never be missing in game life are bans, troll players can be in every game, not just ets2.
There is no point in many stuffs that can be done under the name of "taking precautions".
If a person really doesn't want to follow the server rules, there is a Game Moderation Team to encourage them to follow the rules. This is ofc the person's own choice.

Requirements to join TruckersMP should be non-tweakable, meaning, players can't edit them to their benefit.

Experience, Money, Level and many others can be changed in the profile with certain tools and therefore aren't suitable as requirements.

I'd rather suggest to use WOT jobs and its log book as requirements, because it can't be edited.

For example, a certain number of accomplished WOT jobs, a certain number of driven kilometers, a certain cargo, or combinations of them.

But in the end, no matter which requirement you set, players can always misbehave afterwards.

• True Story 2

This would also mean: less players

Imagine a person telling a friend about TruckersMP and just think about what they would like to do. They would like to play together most likely and the friend now buys Euro Truck Simulator 2 for the first time, already has to drive a little bit for himself and after that, he still wouldn't be able to join his friend(s) in TruckersMP, because he has to drive a lot more to get more levels? 

These requirements stop people from joining TruckersMP and the community would probably shrink as some people stop playing after some time anyway. 

I do get your point, you don't really want those trollers in the game.. but that's not stopping those people - they will probably find a way to evade these requirements.

Just now, blabberbeak said:

This depends on which kind of player you want to attract. And that is the whole purpose of this topic.

So you want the community to be smaller, that's the purpose of the topic? Or how can I understand that. In the end there are always people who try to evade all of the requirements or who just try to fulfill the requirements to break the rules, to troll. 

I also take a clear position against the people who intentionally break rules - but that's not really the best step into the right direction. 

35 minutes ago, stari123 said:

So you want the community to be smaller, that's the purpose of the topic? Or how can I understand that. In the end there are always people who try to evade all of the requirements or who just try to fulfill the requirements to break the rules, to troll. 

I also take a clear position against the people who intentionally break rules - but that's not really the best step into the right direction. 

Please don't twist my words.

You are talking about quantity, I am talking about quality.

My theory is that more experienced players result in a better game experience, and a better game experience will be a flagship for the multiplayer.

• True Story 1

5 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Please don't twist my words.

You are talking about quantity, I am talking about quality.

My theory is that more experienced players result in a better game experience, and a better game experience will be a flagship for the multiplayer.

Okay I kind of misunderstood what you meant at the beginning. 

Then I get your point! 

On 9/22/2023 at 7:19 AM, stari123 said:

This would also mean: less players

Imagine a person telling a friend about TruckersMP and just think about what they would like to do. They would like to play together most likely and the friend now buys Euro Truck Simulator 2 for the first time, already has to drive a little bit for himself and after that, he still wouldn't be able to join his friend(s) in TruckersMP, because he has to drive a lot more to get more levels? 

These requirements stop people from joining TruckersMP and the community would probably shrink as some people stop playing after some time anyway. 

I do get your point, you don't really want those trollers in the game.. but that's not stopping those people - they will probably find a way to evade these requirements.

They see "Idiots on the road" videos and want to join only to think "This must be the game." Those streaming on Twitch are showing the intended game.

There will still be a community behind TMP. It just won't be filled with as many trolls. Which is the whole point behind this idea. Return the community back to its roots. Not this GTA Online Wannabe.

On 9/21/2023 at 3:26 AM, blabberbeak said:

Requirements to join TruckersMP should be non-tweakable, meaning, players can't edit them to their benefit.

Experience, Money, Level and many others can be changed in the profile with certain tools and therefore aren't suitable as requirements.

I'd rather suggest to use WOT jobs and its log book as requirements, because it can't be edited.

For example, a certain number of accomplished WOT jobs, a certain number of driven kilometers, a certain cargo, or combinations of them.

But in the end, no matter which requirement you set, players can always misbehave afterwards.

A little twist to your suggestion. All they have to do, is set each account a random amount of each cargo to deliver within 30 days while connected to the servers. 1,000 car trailers. If the player doesn't meet the quota with at least 80% overall success, they get a 4 week ban. While values can be adjusted. This not only gives an incentive to play the game as intended, as doing these jobs offline won't count. And there's a nice prize for losing. Additionally, if the player wants to do every job on CD Route, they can add a modifier that prevents jobs from being selected along the route.