Road of the Day/Week!

Route of the Day   

8 members have voted

1. 1. Should such thing be implemented so we can make different roads of the game popular and enjoy driving those random routes with others?

Suggestion Name: Road of the Day, or road of the week, or somewhere in between :))

Suggestion Description:basically promote a different road everyday, to make it popular so people want to drive on it

Any example images: -

Why should it be added?:let's face it, calais-duisburg gets boring after a while, driving on the same road on and on and on just because it's the only road in game to actually contain traffic, and more than 5 players at the same time, so my suggestion is simple: either an AI script, or the players themselves, or some moderators get to choose randomly a road to promote every 24/48/72 hours, or on a period of time everyone would like, with a certain number of kms(500-700km trip at max for example) so everyone can enjoy the ENTIRE ETS2 MAP, without driving on a single road everytime for 3 years just bc it's the only popular road in the entire truckersmp servers list

FOR EXAMPLE: We Announce That Today's promoted road is: Dover - Bremen Route! Enjoy your Trip! -> make this announcement on the TMP Launcher, or somewhere visible i guess, and change the road every few days, let's say the next "route of the day" will be Klagenfurt - Wien Route, and it goes on and on like this, so we can enjoy different roads with different scenary every now and then, and also enjoy the presence of other users, because everyone will want to drive on the road of the day

what is your opinion guys, is this a good idea? 😄

EDIT: Make the same script for the ProMods server separately, so it can include the whole promods map too for people who play promods, and i feel like for them it would be faaaaar nicer than for the regular simulation server, because C-D atleast is a smooth, asphalt road, with gas stations and everything else, but the most popular road on promods is the kirkenes quarry road, which i don't like at all, yes it's a beautiful road but it's a dirt road, you can't fit 2 trucks at the same time in parallel on this road, etc..

So for example, when you launch TMP, and you are inside the Select Server screen, you have let's say at the top a message saying

Today's Route of the Week for Regular ETS2: London(UK) - Liege(FR)

Today's Route of the Week for ProMods ETS2: Mangalia(RO) - Kyiv(UKR)

Edited by lIIlIlllIlIlIIlIlIlIlIIl
NEW THOUGHT
  • Like 1

Your efforts deserve all honors, but the "majority" of this community didn't get bored on that road until now, and it's questionable whether this will ever happen.

They are attracted, entertained, and encouraged by "idiots on the road" videos to that infamous area and don't want to "discover new shores".

The TruckersMP team's sole goal is to satisfy the majority's interest. They knowingly and willingly accept collateral damage in the process.

And the recent decisions ("Back to Basics" project, weakend rules, re-invitation of former permanently banned players) and statements made by the TruckersMP team clearly proof that.

I support your suggestion, but I'd give it a chance of 1 of 5 to succeed and being accepted.

• Like 2

While i absolutely love the concept, here are the issues i see with it

1. What is the incentive for driving a different route besides more population? What will keep them there and not going somewhere else or back to CD? (until SCS revamps the countries).
    I could see an event server being made and road rotation of 1 week (so that everyone can make the most out of it. not everybody has a certain day free to go on the featured road). But, that takes time out of staff's day. And, will it actually work to keep 3,500 players on it?
  2. While the concept of Kiel-Hamburg is a good job (and a possible delivery route depending on the cargo), what's stopping players from branching off and taking a different road?
  3. Using the paid expansions limits the population to those who own it. Most players won't pay for an expansion just to play on the featured road playground.

Like Blabberbeak said, staff cater to the majority of what players want. And that is CD. They have tried improving CD. Community Feedback from the majority hates the change.

Even when SCS does a revamp, the majority will just move to a CD replacement. There's that curvy road in Austria. There's also lots of potential if the cities are rather close, has a small lane road, and lots of obstacles to make a mess with. Even then, all were are doing is changing the road name to Kiel-Travemunde or KT/TK Road.

It's not the road that's the problem. It's the players who don't want to venture out and treat the game like Cruisin USA (N64 Arcade Game)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Your efforts deserve all honors, but the "majority" of this community didn't get bored on that road until now, and it's questionable whether this will ever happen.

They are attracted, entertained, and encouraged by "idiots on the road" videos to that infamous area and don't want to "discover new shores".

The TruckersMP team's sole goal is to satisfy the majority's interest. They knowingly and willingly accept collateral damage in the process.

And the recent decisions ("Back to Basics" project, weakend rules, re-invitation of former permanently banned players) and statements made by the TruckersMP team clearly proof that.

I support your suggestion, but I'd give it a chance of 1 of 5 to succeed and being accepted.

I totally agree, i myself only drive C-D because of that, but what if we give other routes the chance to be the new C-D? I'm sure atleast a test trial would be nice, perhaps perform good, and be kept and introduced as an idea in the game forever, worth a shot, is it not? 🙂

3 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

While i absolutely love the concept, here are the issues i see with it

1. What is the incentive for driving a different route besides more population? What will keep them there and not going somewhere else or back to CD? (until SCS revamps the countries).
    I could see an event server being made and road rotation of 1 week (so that everyone can make the most out of it. not everybody has a certain day free to go on the featured road). But, that takes time out of staff's day. And, will it actually work to keep 3,500 players on it?
  2. While the concept of Kiel-Hamburg is a good job (and a possible delivery route depending on the cargo), what's stopping players from branching off and taking a different road?
  3. Using the paid expansions limits the population to those who own it. Most players won't pay for an expansion just to play on the featured road playground.

Like Blabberbeak said, staff cater to the majority of what players want. And that is CD. They have tried improving CD. Community Feedback from the majority hates the change.

Even when SCS does a revamp, the majority will just move to a CD replacement. There's that curvy road in Austria. There's also lots of potential if the cities are rather close, has a small lane road, and lots of obstacles to make a mess with. Even then, all were are doing is changing the road name to Kiel-Travemunde or KT/TK Road.

It's not the road that's the problem. It's the players who don't want to venture out and treat the game like Cruisin USA (N64 Arcade Game)

Hey! Here's my opinion on your points

1.There's nothing to keep them there really, it will be just a route that's announced publicly for people to drive on, nothing special or beneficial for doing it, just a "C-D" but on a different route, and to avoid taking wasting someone's time i've suggested the idea of an AI script choosing the route randomly!

2.Nothing, but if they want to meet other people on the road they will drive the selected route, like they drive on C-D, or not drive on C-D if they don't care for the massive piles of traffic

3.Yes, that is why the "Road of the Week" will never include DLC routes, just the main game map, and nothing else!

I agree about the fact that it's the players that don't want to venture, not the road as a problem, but if an announcement tells them something like "hey guys today we choose the Linz-Bremen Route as the weekly road, if you want to explore it along other people feel free to check it out!" they will drive on that route indeed, its kinda like when the austrian alps got a road (klagenfurt-worthersee i believe it as?) the road was announced, and for an entire month it was filled with players, 100-200 people driving on that road consistently, but eventually they got bored of it and wanted to change things up, so they slowly started going back to C-D, and when other people saw that nobody was driving the alps route anymore they just went back to C-D too, because they wanted traffic, but there was no more traffic in the alps, they were lonely there, i myself did this, when i saw nobody was cruising the alps anymore i was disappointed, but i went back to C-D so i can meet other people again, not just 1-2 players on the entire road