When I drove my truck past players, I would drop fps and sometimes crash the game, and there were 15 players nearby

Golden Monkey

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi @Golden Monkey,

I can refer to this topic: 

I hope that it will help you out, if not you are more then welcome to reach out to my again 🙂 

Best Greetings,

• Upvote 1

ZefojGaming

TruckersMP  |  Master Trucker

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

Regler | Rekruttering | Support | Feedback | Mød Teamet | Guider | Forslag

Hey there @Golden Monkey! 🙂 

First of all, welcome to TruckersMP Forum - Help section. 

My name is RedWolf [CZ] I Petr and I will be answering your question. 

Here I will be posting of few solutions that might be helpful 

Solution 1 - > Please make sure you have donwload the latest GPU driver, if yea you can try to re-install it. (Note: It can also happen that some of drivers must not be finished correctly and thus you may struggle with the fps difference)  -> then the issue is on side of NVIDIA or AMD provider. 

Solution 2 - > Verify integrity of your in-game files in your Steam Client 

• Go to Steam 
  • Library 
  • Right click on ETS
  • Properties 
  • Local Files 
  • There click on verify of in-game files button - and wait until it all processed 

Solution 3 - > Run the game with DirectX 

• Go to Steam
  • Library 
  • Start Singleplayer with DirectX 11 
  • Load your profile - go to drive 
  • Stay there for 2-3 minutes and save your game. 
  • Close your game
  • Start TruckersMP as Administrator - Right click on TMP icon - start as admin 

Solution 4 - > Go to Graphics settings in TruckersMP - > TAB - > Settings - > Graphics and set it to Medium or Low depends on your PC performances. 

Solution 5 - > Re-install TruckersMP Client 

• Press the Windows Key + R (Win+R) on your keyboard
  • Enter "%programdata%" and press Enter (without the quotes)
  • Find the folder "TruckersMP" and delete that folder.
  • Go to documents and delete this folders called (ETS2MP, ATSMP) 
  • Navigate to C:\Program Files\ and delete the folder named "TruckersMP Launcher"
  • Go to our website and re-download and install the Launcher with admin privileges https://truckersmp.com/download/  
  • Open The Launcher with admin privileges and click "Install Available Updates"

If you need any more furthur assistence, don't hesitate to quote me here  I will remain at your disposal 🙂 

Good luck! 

I'm looking forward for your response, 

Sincerely,

RedWolf [CZ] 

TruckersMP Veteran Driver IV | MCG Driver 

• Thanks 1

RedNub I TruckersMP

(ETS2 - 6,250 hours)

795749874_role_VeteranV(1).png.660f7fd7e1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85

Reporting a player  | Appeal your ban  | Support System  | Recruitment

Hello @Golden Monkey,

You mentioned that you had a problem I'm really sorry about that. You can be sure that I will do my best to help you.

1. Verify your ETS2/ATS2 files in steam. (Steam -> Right Click ETS2/ATS2 -> Properties -> Verify integrity of game files)
  2. Decrease your graphic settings.
  3. Decrease your draw distance in TAB menu.
  4. Turn off "Additional Lights", "Load cabin accessories" and "Load Flags" in TAB menu.
  5. Make sure that your windows is up to date.
  6. Make sure that your drivers is up to date.
  7. Avoid busy areas.
  8. If you're driving coded vehicle please stop using coded vehicles.
  9. Close unwanted apps.

If it doesn't work despite these steps please delete the launcher and all its files and install it again.

1. Win+R -> %programdata% -> Delete TruckersMP folder.
  2. Win+R -> %appdata% -> Delete TruckersMP folder.
  3. C:\Program Files\ -> Delete the folder named TruckersMP Launcher.
  4. Documents -> Delete ETS2MP and ATS2MP folders.
  5. Win+R -> regedit -> expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> expand SOFTWARE -> delete TruckersMP file.

After doing these click HERE to download the Launcher again. 

I hope I was able to solve your problem clearly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I wish you a good day.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Maybe you could try to verify your ETS2 files via Steam. Some good other suggestions are available here: https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/148

Hopefully something there can at least keep your game from crashing. I know when you drive to an area with lots of trucks my game lags, but not driving past just a few.