Add a /connect [server] command for quick connect between TMP's other servers

SuperVitu64

Here is my idea (also this is my first forum post):

Add a /connect [server] command that could be used for players to quickly switch between servers without needing to go to the launchpad.
Just do something like "/connect sim1" and you would be quickly connected to the Simulation 1 server in this case.
This command could also have a cooldown to prevent command abuse.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Hello and welcome,

I support this suggestion this might be very useful.

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

hello SuperVitu64

I think what you said has both advantages and disadvantages

If the server can be quickly switched, the number of servers will be unstable, and players will switch servers halfway, causing road congestion and potentially causing car accidents

Kind regards

Aria.

15 hours ago, The Englishman said:

While this may be a good idea think of the players of whom are kicked (for a reason) are then able to reconnect pretty much instantly to resume the trolling they were doing before being kicked.

Remember when thinking of the good, always remember the bad.

This is why Trolls should be banned not kicked, but if a troll was kicked and then reconnected instantly and trolled again then they should be banned, i'm personally sick of people blocking a road for 5-10 mins then an admin comes along and just kicks them. and before anyone comments you should record and report them, i am personally not taking time out of my life to upload and report them so they can get a 3 day ban then do the same again, ever since they removed the perm ban after 5-6 bans in a row. That's when i stopped reporting people, the admins have been perm banning bad players since 2014 then all of a sudden all these bad players get unbanned and come back to troll again, i got rammed 3 times by the same person and decided to report after looking at their profile they were perm banned in 2018 for having 6 bans in a row all for ramming and trolling, that person was banned for 4-5 years and still didn't learn their lesson. i'm just going to let TMP destroy itself, so many good people have stopped using TMP due to these issues.

Edited by Scottish Lad
spelling mistake
  • True Story 1

21 hours ago, The Englishman said:

While this may be a good idea think of the players of whom are kicked (for a reason) are then able to reconnect pretty much instantly to resume the trolling they were doing before being kicked.

Remember when thinking of the good, always remember the bad.

When disconnected, players cannot use the chat, am i right?

17 hours ago, MZ-Aria. said:

hello SuperVitu64

I think what you said has both advantages and disadvantages

If the server can be quickly switched, the number of servers will be unstable, and players will switch servers halfway, causing road congestion and potentially causing car accidents

Kind regards

Aria.

Maybe add a queue too? And when switching servers the player would automatically go to the nearest garage/repair shop in the city.

^ Yes correct they cannot use chat.  You're able to press "Y" to open chat but you'll not be able to type anything.  Also make not that if you're within a city that has a speed limit set by TMP and you disconnect you'll be limited to that speed until you quit the game or try to reconnect via the launchpad.

banner

On 6/23/2023 at 5:39 PM, The Englishman said:

^ Yes correct they cannot use chat.  You're able to press "Y" to open chat but you'll not be able to type anything.  Also make not that if you're within a city that has a speed limit set by TMP and you disconnect you'll be limited to that speed until you quit the game or try to reconnect via the launchpad.

If you make a save then load the save, the speed limiter will come off, letting you go any speed 🙂