Do hired drivers keep on working when we play on TruckersMP?

Professor_1701

@Professor_1701

I really don't have in depth knowledge, but it's maybe even more complicated in EU, many rules are possibly stricter than in US, that includes driving and resting periods.

In case of dynamite, I asume it's not really that bugs bunny style stuff, but some of those modern, more stable explosives that need to be primed with detonators to actually explode.

Oversize cargo is yet another thing, which is so much simpler in the game.

Loading or unloading a cargo in the game (loading time when the engine is off, you press the button and screen fades) actually does not take away any time from your driving hours, though it still doesn't count as resting.

There is of course difference between driving hours and working hours in reality, the game doen't have tachograph, so it is simplified - whenever you sit in the truck it starts counting time as if you were driving, and when you rest, you hit the bunk and sleep 10 or 11 hours straight. There is no other option (other work, availability), since there is currently no other things to do really, it would be nice if SCS imrproved upon this.

The new VNL should come to ATS, though don't know when, fingers crossed it will be sooner than later. That is certain, but some T800 for oversize cargo would be nice too, though don't know if they will ever do that one.

I still have my TMP profiles that I've been using for years that have all the trucks and garages and not much effort is needed to make enough money in a few runs to buy more when there is new content, using theese mostly during World of Tucks events. I wanted some challenge for my new solo career this time, my PC really isn't top of the line, so it can struggle at times, especially with maps and traffic mods that I'm using, which is one of the resons why I haven't tried convoy yet. I hear that in convoy mode time scale is slightly larger than solo, about 1:15, so not as completely off as TMP, though it applies to cities and gas stations too to allow time sync. 

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.