Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Tobii Experience Software - Causing huge FPS Drops [Solution]

Single Turbo

Hello dear TruckersMP players,

I bought the Tobii Eyetracker 5 a few months ago.

The eye tracker itself works really well and without any problems.

However, if I start Euro Truck Simulator 2 or TMP and want to play normally, everything works great until I move my mouse. If I'm in the first person view and just look around with my head so that the eyetracker takes over the movement, it works perfectly, but as soon as I move my mouse in the third person view, in the menu, the settings or on the map, the game starts to lag incredibly.

In case someone has the same problem, here is the solution that worked for me:

I found out that it has something to do with Tobii's Experience software, because as soon as I close it I don't have any more lags. The eyetracker then logically no longer works.
Well I've tried a number of solutions from the internet and from Tobii's Support, but none of them really helped.

In fact, I found the problem myself and was able to solve it. In itself, it is not due to the experience software, but to Discord, more precisely to the Discord overlay.
Very simple, you have to turn this off in the Discord settings, lo and behold, it all works without any problems.

Kind regards,

Single Turbo

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Single Turbo changed the title to Tobii Experience Software - Causing huge FPS Drops [Solution]