CD: An Updated Guide for 2022 (game version 1.46), and beyond.

Sunstrider

INTRODUCTION

Calais-Duisburg Road is a staple of this community since 2016. Congrats on 6 years. The other guide is good but is slightly outdated and has too many pages of comments. Adding this will just make it lost until someone decides they want to browse through every page.

ROUTES

Using an empty server, i went ahead and compiled a map of the area (thanks to tmp's map).

cd-map-original.png

The map is 5,000 x 5,000. DLC EXPANSIONS AND GETTING AWAY FROM CD WILL HAVE LOWER POPULATION.

Ignore my editing attempt. I wasn't on the correct scaling nor did i cover all angles to make this an effective map.

cd-map-bad-edit.png

Here are some routes to avoid the danger zone.

• Rotterdam-Brussels.
  • Paulel-Reims-Mannheim-Frankfurt-Hannover.
  • Lille-Liege.
  • Dusseldorf-Osnabruck.
  • Amsterdam-Bremen.
  • Calais-Dover-Felixstowe-Rotterdam.

ADVICE

1. Don't bother with this road if you don't have at least 500,00 Euro's in the bank (loan free). Accidents, Fueling, F7, and/or Cancelling jobs can add up.
  2. In TAB settings, enable "Show TMP ID" and record your session. This will add the id next to their name. Makes it so much easier to prepare a report instead of typing /pinfo id. If they log or F7 instantly, it can be near impossible to get that player for what they did.
  3. Use indicators, check mirrors, judge when you have the distance to pass, and brake early to not hit the player in front. Driving safely will ensure you don't get reported for being impatient.
  4. Do Quick Jobs. Expenses are free (tolls, gas, repairs). Might be slower. But you won't have to shell out 130k each time you reach 100% damage.
  5. Watch those Skoda's! They are faster and are 60% the cause of accidents. 30% from trucks. 10% from not thinking.
  6. If you drive 90, expect to be passed up.
  7. Whether your using the interior cellphone/navigator add-on, the built in vehicle GPS, or F5's map, pay attention to the dots. You can customize the dot colors in settings. Mine are set to White and they stand out.
  8. Go into your game's config file (Documents > ETS 2). Find uset r_mirror_view_distance and change that 80 to a higher number. This will allow you to see further. Mine's at 10k. This will raise the draw distance in your mirrors and allow you to see further behind you.
  9. Check your ping before driving. Anything 250 and higher is just laggy for the ones behind you. Mine is about 120 most times. Others either have to keep distance or pass you to not be hit by your lag.

HAVE ANY ADDITIONAL CD AVOIDING ROUTES TO ADD OR MORE ADVICE? LEAVE A REPLY! Here's to the future of CD. I'm planning on reposting better maps once SCS revamps Netherlands & Belgium.

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived