When loading into a MP server, some settings keep changing themselves

Question

I'm having problems with the speed limiter. Since I turned it on a few days ago now I can't turn it off. It happens only when I'm on a server. I have the speed limiter box unchecked in TMP settings as well as I'm never doing WoT cargos. With the help of @AurrisK support agent, I've tried re-installing ETS2, TMP, editing config.cfg file that is located in my profile folder and tuning the speed limiter's value down to "0". In singleplayer *Everything works fine so SCS cannot assist in this situation, the problem is caused by truckersMP. Since I've never experienced an issue like this, I need help desperately, because I will need that +20km/h in some cases. I've looked at every single forum solution and question, but there was only 1 guy who faced the same issue, but I couldn't filter out any meaningful answer from that. I'm still trying to solve the problem, but I'd need professional help, or solution..

Here is a short clip of the issue: https://medal.tv/games/euro-truck-sim-2/clips/s1swViggD3BlU/d1337W8oZyIs?invite=cr-MSx1bTMsNTkzNTMzNzks

I'm showing you the road events and detours as well on the clip that keep resetting themselves to default, but @AurrisK told me because we can't use them in MP anyway. So ignore that. I also have a similar clip where I show these in singleplayer that everything works fine.

5 answers to this question

Try disabling speed limiter in singleplayer, either through game settings, console commands, or shut down the game and manually change it in config.cfg.

You can also check config.txt located in "User\Documents\ETS2MP" or "User\Documents\ATSMP" and search for this line and make sure it looks like this:

"use_speed_limiter" : false,

Start the game via TMP client, log in and do not touch speed limiter in game settings, for me it always shows up as enabled no matter what, even though it's disabled.

Check TAB setting if speed limiter is disabled, it shoudl be, now you should be able to reach speed limit set by server, or go as fast as possible on arcade servers.

Keep in mind, TruckersMP does not overwrite your local config files, but some game settings are handled differently, or duplicated by TMP, like the speed limiter.

7 hours ago, Granite said:

Try disabling speed limiter in singleplayer, either through game settings, console commands, or shut down the game and manually change it in config.cfg.

You can also check config.txt located in "User\Documents\ETS2MP" or "User\Documents\ATSMP" and search for this line and make sure it looks like this:

"use_speed_limiter" : false,

Start the game via TMP client, log in and do not touch speed limiter in game settings, for me it always shows up as enabled no matter what, even though it's disabled.

Check TAB setting if speed limiter is disabled, it shoudl be, now you should be able to reach speed limit set by server, or go as fast as possible on arcade servers.

Keep in mind, TruckersMP does not overwrite your local config files, but some game settings are handled differently, or duplicated by TMP, like the speed limiter.

@GraniteThank you, it works. So I basically ignore it?

Hello there @Volvoist

Just to confirm, has your question been answered with the answer that has been marked as the Best Answer

The confirmation of this helps us keep our forum always organized. 

I await your return! 

Kind Regards,

SarahMaddy

TruckersMP Support

SammyCat TruckersMP Retired Team Member

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.
Languages: Spanish Flag_of_Spain.svg (primarily) | English gb.gif 

Report a player | Appeal a Ban | Feedback System | Forum & Ingame Rules | Supported MODs | MP Launcher Error Solutions

Need help with something, or can't find a solution to your issue? Submit a ticket with the support team here!