Login to vanilla servers and ProMods server with the same profile?

MagnusA

Question

Hello, first time poster here.

I have a separate profile TruckersMP (and others for Single-Play). But sometimes I want to play SCS vanilla map (ETS2 Simulation 1), sometime ProMods Europe (ETS2 ProMods server). Are there any known issues/recommendations using the same profile for both ETS2 vanilla servers and ETS2 ProMods servers?

If I recall correctly from 1.43, I was reset back to home garage when switching between SCS vanilla and PM servers but are there any more issues?

I would prefer not having to create yet another profile for TMP if I don't have to.

5 answers to this question

Hello @MagnusA [SWE]

Whilst you are able to use the same profile on "Vanila" ETS2 and also on "ProMods" from my experiance you shouldn't have any issues however the loading time with changing content like that may corrupt a save on your profile so I would recommend using different profiles for "ProMods" and "Vanila" ETS2.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Kind regards,
JCBBuilds.

JCBBuilds
Owner of Night's Truckstyling Discord
 discord.gg/6h5pS5RbE5

Hello @MagnusA [SWE],

Hope you are doing well. 

Yes, you are right using single profile for TruckersMP vanilla servers and Promods sever will cause reset of navigation system and will teleport back to your headquarters garage. There no more issue other than this.

But I would recommend you to use separate profiles because game takes a lot of loading time when you switch between these two. If you worried about progress, you can make exact copy of your profile with different name. Here's a video tutorial on: How to copy and rename a profile?

As of now you will not find Promods server on TruckersMP because Promods Europe for 1.44 hasn't been released yet. 

I hope I am able to answer your queries. If you have any further questions, please ask tagging me here or feel free to dm me.

Kind Regards,

Walker24480

TruckersMP 

Branch Manager 

1666005388_ETS2MCG-WEAREFAMILY_smallwhite.png.23bcaa80c923794d8bce693db4a17350.png 

Join ETS2MCG VTC today for best VTC experience      

Dear @MagnusA [SWE],

Thank you very much for your confirmation and I am glad to hear that your question has been answered! ?

For this reason, I will close this topic now and move it to "Solved".
Please do not hesitate to create a new topic or contact us via our Support System (https://truckersmp.com/support), if you have any other questions/problems related to TruckersMP in the future.

I wish you a wonderful rest of the day.

Kind regards,
Polyxena
TruckersMP Support

//Topic locked and moved to Solved.