Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Is my Save Edit allowed in Multiplayer?

Alex-Vrtrx

Question

I customized my truck a bit with some save edits.

Here are the pictures of it.

I added some mirror turn signals, added a mod where the scania logo is illuminated around the edges (only visible at night), added a "bad-eye-cover" over the headlights, changed the color of part of the interior, changed the license plate and added sequential turn signals.

Up to this point I think everything is fine if I use it in MP.

Today I added a mod with blue daytime headlights as you can see in the imgur post and thats where I started asking myself if that would be allowed in Mp?

They are not flares, just normal daytime headlights in blue. Are those allowed in MP?

I just want to make sure before its too late lol.

Thanks in advance to everyone trying to help.

10 answers to this question

It can be done through Save Editting 

But remember the rule about save editing and local mods:

§3 - Save Editing

Causing extreme lag or game crashes by save editing is not permitted. Extreme lag will not occur from duplicate parts unless the amount is truly excessive. If you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving / blocking and recommended to remove the particular mod. If the Game Moderation Management thinks that your modification is not fit for our servers or negatively impact other people, you are liable to be banned until the modification has been removed.

If your trailer will cause lag, you have chance to get permanently banned until your modification has removed.

Kind regards
Shining Stars
TruckersMP -Driver

??China Express Transportation Chief Operating Officer??

Languages:   |  ??  ?? | 
Discord:
Shining Stars#4013  | steam| Forums | World of Trucks

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi.

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

🇬🇧 Rules Support Feedback | Guides Ban Appeal 🇬🇧

🇭🇺 Szabályzat Támogatás | Visszajelzés | Tudásbázis Fellebbezés 🇭🇺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruckersMP

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d

43 minutes ago, [GökBörü] Dragonfly said:

Hey @Alex-Vrtrx,

You can check out the thread below, I believe this topic will answer your ask.

Best regards,

Dragonfly

I looked through the thread and the one thing I learned is that colored lights are probably forbidden but at the end it states that the thread is outdated and rules have changed so Im not 100% sure.

36 minutes ago, Krisi. said:

Hello there,

Did you get the answer you were looking for with the answers given above?
Your confirmation of the status of your issue/question helps us keep the forum always organized!

Kind Regards,

Krisi.

TruckersMP - Support & Add-On Team

Sadly no. Im still not 100% sure whats allowed and what not. I will temporarly remove the blue daytime lights until I get a clear answer.

I just hope the other edits I did are okay..

1 hour ago, Qadaxas said:

You can easily play with it on multiplayer. I used much weirder edits there and nothing bad happened to me. Have a nice game ?

Thank you for your answer. I thought so too cause Ive seen some crazy edits but i was unsure because of my blue daytime lights. Gonna remove them for the time being and see if a moderator is gonna answer

Hello. @Alex-Vrtrx

To sum it up for you, you may save edit your truck the way you want it to look like. If you want to have your blue headlights, feel free to use them!
However though, you are often talking about "mods" - Keep in mind modifications won't work on TruckersMP (Except Local mods). Only save edit will.
Any 3rd party modifications that TruckersMP does not support will be automatically deactivated when joining the game.

Regarding your question about whether or not you should be worried about getting banned for the used save edit:
Make sure you are not harming anyone. Strong save edit, including duplicated stuff on your truck may cause lags to others around you, which is prohibited as per rule §3:

> §3 - Save Editing
Causing extreme lag or game crashes by save editing is not permitted. Extreme lag will not occur from duplicate parts unless the amount is truly excessive. If you save edit to create a very long trailer combination but cannot safely handle it, you are liable to be banned for reckless driving / blocking and recommended to remove the particular mod. If the Game Moderation Management thinks that your modification is not fit for our servers or negatively impact other people, you are liable to be banned until the modification has been removed. 

-> https://truckersmp.com/rules

I would not recommend following the guide in previous answers above, as it's been archived a long time ago due to outdated information. The save edit rules have been changed multiple times since then.

In general make sure you are not causing significant lags to other players and you should be good to go! - According to the current save edit rules.
To find out if you are causing lags, simply ask a friend for help. He or she should notice if there are lags coming from your save edit.

Whatever, I hope this could help you understand your question. 
Kindest regards, 
LetiFreshi

3 hours ago, LetiFreshi said:

Hello. @Alex-Vrtrx

To sum it up for you, you may save edit your truck the way you want it to look like. If you want to have your blue headlights, feel free to use them!
However though, you are often talking about "mods" - Keep in mind modifications won't work on TruckersMP (Except Local mods). Only save edit will.
Any 3rd party modifications that TruckersMP does not support will be automatically deactivated when joining the game.

Regarding your question about whether or not you should be worried about getting banned for the used save edit:
Make sure you are not harming anyone. Strong save edit, including duplicated stuff on your truck may cause lags to others around you, which is prohibited as per rule §3:

> §3 - Save Editing

-> https://truckersmp.com/rules

I would not recommend following the guide in previous answers above, as it's been archived a long time ago due to outdated information. The save edit rules have been changed multiple times since then.

In general make sure you are not causing significant lags to other players and you should be good to go! - According to the current save edit rules.
To find out if you are causing lags, simply ask a friend for help. He or she should notice if there are lags coming from your save edit.

Whatever, I hope this could help you understand your question. 
Kindest regards, 
LetiFreshi

Thank you for your answer!

Seems like rule §3 is the only one to follow when it comes to save editing then.

My light changes should be fine then.

Thanks for your clarification!

• Like 1

Hello there, ? 

Since you got the answer, I will go ahead and move this topic to solve topics. 

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again 

Sincerely,
Beenz.

TruckersMP - Support 

//Locked and moved to Solved Topics 

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️