Ets2 Telemetry programming (help)

dean_toseland24

Question

Hi this is my first time posting and was just wondering if anyone could possibly give me some advice on change the telemetry setting from kmh to mph, i have tried understanding the guide but i just cant get my head around it also it was programmed by somebody different as its from Viva trucking as far as im aware. The image is the one i am talking about thanks in advanced

dashboard.jpg

10 answers to this question

On 4/26/2020 at 12:18 AM, dean_toseland24 said:

@WhiteTea Thanks for the information, without sounding picky there is a specific one i have called jobmonitor. 

@dean_toseland24 I did find the thread on the SCS forums for the job picker you seem to use. There is the source code available to download and edit, you might want to have a look there

Thread on SCS:

https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=171000&sid=2046bdedfed6df58dea45b56cb94aeff&start=1240#p1313523

Download source code:

https://app.box.com/s/5jqxtqwsfc1l8ijfuboe0snuoqsytvax/file/572303307264

I analysed the source code for you. There is a file called Ets2TelemetryData.cs in the source folder, where the values from the game are read and transferred to the server controller.

Move to line 135. There you can see the variable which is returned.

There is another file called IEts2TelemetryData.cs

Move to line 206. Thats where you have to convert the speed from kph to mph. You achieve that if you take the speed and divide it by 1,609. Assign the new value to the variable. 

That should be it. Remember that the dashboard may still have the wrong caption, as it expects kph and not mph.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards

WhiteTea

Hello @dean_toseland24,

what are your intentions with that change? Do you just want to change the setting for visibility on the dashboard or do you want to enhance some other programs with that value?

In the first case, you might check the additional dashboards that are available for the telemetry. I know about some, that convert the value directly to miles per hour (I can post a link if required).

For the second case, just apply some code to the json package you receive from the telemetry and convert the value for your needs :)

Hope that helps, I'm looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards

WhiteTea

Hello there! :) 

Has your problem been solved with the above solution suggestions?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Sincerely,
Beenz.
TruckersMP - Support

Language: English

Support System | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Remember stay positive ❤️

@Beenz. Hello and thanks for your response, all i am looking to do is change the setting on it from kmh to mph but i cant find the coding that i am supposed to change. im not looking to do anything with it after that exept use is really, i like using that one specifically as it gives me all the details i need eg. real time i will get there, speed limit and stuff like that. ive got 0 experience with coding so havent got a clue how. i have tried to compare it to others but i am unable to see the differences if that makes sense.

Hello @dean_toseland24,

please try the following:

1. click on the HTML5 App URL link (opens your default webbrowser with the URL you see there).

image.png.a41df893d1525aba62dc15f943cb7d2a.png

2. After that, choose the default dashboard (mph) you see in the list of available ones

image.png.46d6b81e0afedab45bf9f0d8699d5695.png

3. Check if that one fits your needs :)

In the meantime, I analysed the telemetry package that collects the data from the game. There is only one value for the speed. If you need the value to be converted in mph, you need a dashboard that has the conversion integrated.

You might also have a look here on github: https://github.com/Funbit/ets2-telemetry-server/tree/master/server/Html/skins

There are some mph dashboards as well.

Hope that helps! I'm looking forward to your answer!

Kind regards

WhiteTea

Hello there! :)

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this Topic to Inactive Topics.
If you still have Questions and want your Topic to be reopened, feel free to message me or our Support Team members, we will open this Topic again.

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//locked and moved to Inactive Topics.

spacer.png