Can't change Graphic Settings

Ethan53401

Question

Okay so i came back yesterday after not playing since 2018 and I decided to pick up some dlc's okay so I got the Washington and Utah and breast cancer paints and the space paints and okay so I start the game up and everything was updated and all that and I get in and try to change the graphics settings and I click apply and the screen goes black and everything goes unresponsive and freezes and it takes task manager to close the game bc it is still frozen should I reinstall EVERYTHING and try to do that ? Or is there a bug that I missed like I said I'm open to anything I wanna play with my friends and I've never had problems before it plays fine if I don't mess with the settings or try to buy a new garage then to it freezes.

Pls help

4 answers to this question

Are you able to re-enter the game? If not you can try deleting the file that contains your Grahpics settings. To do this 

Go to 
-Explorer 

-Documents

-Euro Truck Simulator

-Config.cfg 

And delete that file name.

Once you launch your game again it should reset your graphics settings to what they were previously 

TruckerPilot

Report a player Rules - Staff recruitment - Feedback - Help - Bug Report - Suggestions

Hey @Ethan53401 ,

I'm sometimes having the bug that my game freezes when I tab out on my desktop. This is a common thing already, as far as I know. It might be your problem too.
The developers are currently working on fixing it. However, there are some tricks on bypassing this bug. For example in pressing F1 before tabbing out. 

Or does your game freeze, even though you do not tab out?

I am able to enter the game but yeah like i said once i click apply it freezes and the settings never change this is on ATS too btw

It plays fine but if I try to do ANYTHING like try to buy a new garage and hire people it freezes and I can pick jobs alright but then I want to change a setting bc its not what I want it on it just freezes and becomes COMPLETELY unresponsive and I have to close the game and nothing saves 

56 minutes ago, LetiFreshi said:

Hey @Ethan53401 ,

I'm sometimes having the bug that my game freezes when I tab out on my desktop. This is a common thing already, as far as I know. It might be your problem too.
The developers are currently working on fixing it. However, there are some tricks on bypassing this bug. For example in pressing F1 before tabbing out. 

Or does your game freeze, even though you do not tab out?

Okay so it not bc I'm tabbing out that works just fine it only when i try to change any settings or hire new people at a new garage 

I also just reinstalled TMP and still freezes when I try to change any settings 

56 minutes ago, LetiFreshi said:

I figured it out all i had to do was wait for the sever to establish a connection and boom I tried to change the settings and it worked just fine thanks for the help though 

• Like 1

Hello there! :)

We are glad to hear that you were able to solve your issue.

Thank you to everyone, who tried to help here!

If you require more help in the future, please do not hesitate to create another Topic or a Support Ticket.

Kind regards

Linciano

TruckersMP Support

//locked and moved to Solved Topics.

spacer.png