Not able to add a save game

DUCED

Question

Hello TruckersMP Community,

this is my first question i'm asking so don't blame me at this one :D.

I had to reinstall Windows on my Computer and now all my document-files are "gone", I'm not sure if they are deleted, it's just that I can't find them anymore and here is why.

When I downloaded a beginner save game and put it into "Username - Documents - Euro Truck Simulator 2 - profiles" nothing happened. I also put it into "steam_profiles" but either nothing happened.

I want to know where my save games are saved then and where I can put this beginner save game thingy.

I'm sorry for grammatical errors, I'm german,

please help me if you can and thank you! :)

• Upvote 1

7 answers to this question

Hello @DUCED,

I will happily take you through step-by-step.

>First, make sure ETS 2 is not open.

>If you have the profile that you wish to add, copy and paste it into 'Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles. (The name on the profile folder should look something like '434F444558' (i.e. a load of numbers and letters)). If you don't have  it re-download it from wherever you did initially.

>Then go to your settings.

>Type in 'Virus and threat protection' and click on it.

>Under 'Virus and threat protection settings' click on 'Manage settings'.

>A new screen will pop up; scroll down to 'Exclusions'.

>Click on 'Add or remove exclusions'.

>Then click on ' + Add an exclusion'.

>On the drop-down menu, click 'Folder'.

>Navigate to 'Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2' and click 'Select Folder'.

(>A screen may pop up saying 'Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device' and click YES.)

>The folder 'Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2' should now be shown as an exclusion.

>Finally, load up your game and the profile should appear.

I attach a video here I made to help:

Please let me know if this works, or if you need me to explain or elaborate on anything.

Kind regards,

[Plasma] Sergey.

• HaulieLove 1

Alexander

VTC: Transport Tycoon Truckers

Languages: gb.gif.5c62d5debd940937df522ac34901ebed.gif ru.gif.68cf1993be948f9c891688d8cd4dbc09.gif fr.png.39d7e822481d949895d04ac94bd120f2.png

————————————————————————————————————————————

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Knowledge Base | StatusNews

Appeals | Reports

Hello @DUCED,

Make sure the profile that you are downloading is for the correct version of ETS 2 you are running (1.36).

You must also not change the name of the file; place the folder into Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles, as you rightfully said.

As you reinstalled windows, it may not come up at first. What I recommend you to do is to make a new profile in-game, then save it, and then copy the modded one into your documents; it should work unless the profile is corrupted.

Please let me know if this helped!

Kind regards,

[Plasma] Sergey.

• Like 1

Alexander

Languages: gb.gif.5c62d5debd940937df522ac34901ebed.gif ru.gif.68cf1993be948f9c891688d8cd4dbc09.gif fr.png.39d7e822481d949895d04ac94bd120f2.png

Appeals | Reports

Hello @[Plasma] Sergey,

thank you for your fast respond. Sadly it didn't worked. The weird thing is that even tho I saved this new created profile I can't find it in the ETS2-profiles folder.

It should not be corrputed, I bought ETS2 legally so it should work everything.

I really don't wan't to reinstall ETS2, because I really have bad internet.

It would be really nice if you could help my out more, 

but anyway thank you! :)

Duced.

• Confused 1

Hello @DUCED

After reinstalling Windows, you have absolutely everything removed, including your profiles and all the saves.
To start, you need to either create your new profile or download a ready-made profile, but suitable for the game version 1.36.
What would you no longer lost profile after installing Windows, after you have decided what you will do with the profile (create a new one or download ready), I recommend that you go to the main menu of the game, click on your profile-- > change-->tick "Use the Steam cloud", after you do this you will not see the profile in the folder My Documents/Euro Truck Simulator 2/profiles, but it will be visible in the game. And after reinstalling the game or Windows, your profile does not win anything.

If it helped you, please put "Respect" to this comment. Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Helion Prime.

Hello @DUCED

I think I might know what the issue is - I think it is your antivirus deleting the profile.

First, restore the file in your antivirus program.

Copy the folder back into the ETS2/profiles folder if it not in there already.

Go to your firewall settings and make an exception for the modded profile.

THEN start your game up.

I think your PC is seeing it as a threat and deleting it.

If you need me to walk you through on how to do this fully, then let me know.

Kind regards,

[Plasma] Sergey.

• Like 1

Alexander

Appeals | Reports