ETS2 Streaming on laptops using OBS Studio

PV4366

Hi all, I would like to use the obs studio to stream my ets2 gameplay.

However, when I want to start a game capture or window capture in the obs, it simply shows a black screen.

I got a laptop with i5-6200U and a NVIDIA 940MX graphic card so I suggested that it might be due to the multiple graphic adapter in the laptop.

2028174039_NVIDIA28_11_201917_05_14.thumb.png.b1986a9613421f0e7abcd6ad32cc0d3d.png

The above screenshot shows my laptop is connected to an external monitor via adaptor on the intel hd graphics (Sorry for using a Chinese version windows)

Currently I'm using the win10 built-in xbox game bar for recording, but it got it's live function disabled from the recent windows update 1903. Therefore I would like to look for an alternative of that so that I could go live with my set-up.

Is there anyone having the same issues before and had came out with a solution? Thx!!

Hello @PV4366,

I'm using OBS Studio for a quite while now and I had the same issue many times and the problem was that OBS could not recognize the scene I had created for a separate application (i.e for the game).

The solution I found out for myself was to create a separate scene for screen capture, so it streams everything that happens on the screen. 

I do not think that the issue is in your graphics card or anything else, that is mostly caused by incorrect OBS Studio settings or scene.

If you do not have any experience with the OBS Studio, I recommend you to check out tutorials on how to set your OBS Studio on YouTube.

Sincerely,

BL4CK$K1LL
Game Moderator

I had the same problem when I first started streaming. Fix 2 in this link solved my problem: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-obs-game-capture-black-screen-quickly-and-easily/ Give it a try. 

P.S: I'm not sure if I can post external links here. So, sorry if that was not allowed. However, explaining the soluiton here without the photos would have been really hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived