TAB menu and friend interaction

Gads

Question

I haven't played in a while, came back the other day messing around. I seem to remember being able to open the TAB menu, find my friend in the list and 'group up' with him. I can see him as a green dot, instead of blue, on the GPS. I am assuming that is because we are Steam Friends.

Also, while trying to figure this out on the TAB menu, I noticed several people with a colored "clan" name in front of theirs. Is that the game tracking VTC membership? I thought VTC's were only done via 3rd party websites and was unaware you could see the VTC name in the game... or is this something else I'm seeing?

6 answers to this question

Hello there,

The thing you are talking about are our in-game tags. This practically has got nothing to do with VTCs, however many people do use it to represent their position in the VTC, or just the VTC in general.

To get your own tag, you can open your MP settings by clicking on the cogwheel on the tab menu. This will open the settings, and you can see the configuration for your own in-game tag there. You can give it any colour you want as well! 

Please, do remember certain words are not allowed. For example, swear words or words like "Staff", "Police", "Admin" or any name of a rank in the team are not allowed. If you are unsure whether your tag is allowed or not, be sure to contact a member of staff to ask. 

Sincerely,

Pillow

• Upvote 1

tfmpillow | Retired Team Member

Rules | Recruitment | Support | Feedback | Meet the Team | Guides | Suggestions

You cannot do a "grouping up" in TruckersMP, as far as I'm aware. The green dot on your Navigation instead of blue is because of your friend being on your steam friends list, as you said before. Also the "clan tags" you see you saw, those aren't 3rd party. You can have or change one by: pressing tab to open up the menu on the left with the list of players, then you can right click to gain control of the mouse, then select "settings" which is a orange cog in the bottom left of this nearby players box. You will then have a menu pop up which you can customise your tag, your colour and all sorts of other things as well as the "clan tag" you specified from before.

Dear @Gads

Your topics has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply,due to this i will move your topic to Inactive Topics

If you still need any help,feel free to DM me or other support team members,we will open this again.

Thanks for all participation!

Thank you for your understanding!

//Locked and Moved to Inactive