Possible way of having realistic time

belmemes

One of the main reasons I do not play MP very often is because of how slow time advances. I understand that this is a server limitation, but hear me out on this method. What if when we log in, the server tells your computer what the server time is, and then the game sets the time accordingly, and after that the game is responsible for advancing the time as it normally does (in MP). Obviously it would have to be 1:20 time everywhere including in cities but it would still be better as we spend most of our time on the highway. And to prevent time discrepancies or possible cheating, the server would check in with the client every 10 minutes or so and sync the time to our computer if it is off.

What do you guys think?

• Like 2

5406439487.png

• 5 months later...

The time keeps running no matter if you are playing or not, and that is based of a server. It will not be changed as that will cause desync of day / time of players. You could see players ghost driving without lights towards you and crashing in middle of the night as it was day light for them. 

Q9n6SSI.png