Traffic Officers (Non-Police)

Suggestion Name: Traffic Officers (Non-Police)

Suggestion Description: Allow players to become Traffic Officers to assist in dealing with congested roads and traffic offences. Traffic Officers are NOT Game Admins or "Police".

Any example images: None

Why should it be added?: Currently, there are problems with queuing, collisions and general traffic code violations. The Game Admins can only be in so many places at once, and the "REC" system can easily be abused and swamp staff with evidence.

Purpose of a Traffic Officer

Traffic Officers are volunteers from the player community who are allocated (or chose) an area of the game's map to patrol, and will assist in dealing with traffic congestion, collisions, events, and provide Game Admins with evidence of collisions and traffic violations (that breach ToS rules).

Powers of a Traffic Officer

• Traffic Officers report directly, all evidences of collisions and ToS violations, to active Game Admins.
  • Traffic Officers should have the power to provide instructions to players, within their capacity as a Traffic Officer ONLY. Players who refuse to follow the instructions of a Traffic Officer should be reported to Game Admins.
  • Traffic Officers should have the power to redirect traffic, close lanes and close roads in the event such a need arises.
  • Traffic Officers should NOT have powers of moderation.
  • Traffic Officers should NOT have the right to engage in chases, and should NOT be exempted from ToS traffic rules, except in their capacity as a Traffic Officer, as and when needed ONLY.

Vehicle Usage

• A custom livery for the Scout and/or their own truck. It should be highly visible from a good distance. This livery should ONLY be accessible for Traffic Officers or Game Admins.
  • Amber beacon, or a custom green beacon. The beacon MUST only be used when the vehicle is to be used on the active carriageway in the event of a lane or road closure, or when responding to an event or collision.

Hello there and thank you for your suggestion.

Unfortunately, I am going to have to reject your suggestion because I have managed to find similar suggestions to yours that have been rejected, here are some of the topics: 

I hope you are able to understand my decision on this. 

Regards,

Positivetrucking168

Community Moderator on the Forums

//Rejected

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.