Question to Developers: Synchronization of rain

Bandit58

Question

2 answers to this question

We had some synchronization as a test at one point, iirc, and a lot of people didn't really like it. It didn't take into account the local climate in different positions in the game, etc.

It's not impossible we might do some weather synchronization in the future, but for now, don't hold your breath on it.

Real weather in game and such would be pretty cool though :P (<-- in my opinion)

• Like 1
  • HaulieLove 1

HumaneWolf - Website - Twitter - GitHub

Ex-Developer

Hello,

Since I take it for granted that you have read the topic where it says it can take much longer for a developer to reply, I am just answering your question as far as possible.

There have been suggestions before aiming at synchronising the rain, hence why it has been implemented. However, people were complaining that they have been experiencing lags due to the synchronised rain and they also did not want bad weather during the day. That is why TruckersMP has, once again, moved away from syncing the rain. Some people prefer a wet day and a dry night, others do not want to drive on wet surfaces at all. In that sense, everybody can decide for themselves what is best.

Lastly, I have poked a developer to get a reply to this topic, nevertheless, it might take a bit.

Kind regards,

Anriandor

TruckersMP Community Manager

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.