Ping/Lag

Question

I have a ping / lag problem. I'm doing internet speed test very normal results. But Euro Truck Simulator 2 is 100-200 ms when entering the multiplayer. I can not enter the game in terms of not blocking other players, does this have a solution?

7 answers to this question

Hey @O?uzhanTPZ(TR).

If you try doing a speedtest to the south of France, that should give you an accurate representation of where your ping is.

I'd also recommend not playing on EU2 as ping times on that server can vary depending on the amount of players of whom are connected to the server.

Another solution to high ping is by preforming a DNS flush (How to)

If you're on a wireless connection, try using Ethernet. 

Let me know if any of the above helps :D

NqBHV9L.png TruckersMP - Staff Team Member NqBHV9L.png

- Twitter | Steam | Facebook | YouTube | Discord -

Hi @O?uzhanTPZ(TR)

The ping is related to the quality of your connection and the distance between your location and the servers of TruckersMP, has nothing to do with speed.

If the ping of 100ms is the average, it is because it is the one that corresponds to you.

One of the variables to determine the ping is the route that the Internet operator (ISP) takes to reach the TruckersMP servers, usually the companies use different routes to reach the same destination. You can verify this by doing a "tracert" to the TruckersMP servers in Windows.

The IP address of the servers can be found here: https://stats.truckersmp.com/. For this example I used EU2.

l0uXT0K.png

The RED color is the local network, ie our modem / router.

The BLUE color is the network of our Internet company (ISP), generally within the country.

The GREEN color is the international or external network, outside the country.

In the WHITE squares I have marked the supposed countries (or cities) through which it travels, MIA1 (Miami) and us: United States of America, ca: Canada and fr: France.

This exercise can be used to get a reference and understand your ping.

Greetings