Unable to play multiplayer

Clunk

Question

So after a few months of seeing the odd multiplayer video, I decided to try the mod. I installed it as per instructions, associated steam ID as per instructions, and attempted to load it. 
It appears to load ok, but when I click the launch ETS button, I get a pop up asking me to insert a disc into drive E: I click cancel, it pops up again, I click cancel again, then ETS loads up without multiplayer. 

I have tried:
Reinstalling: No effect.
Running as administrator: Game fails to load. 
Clearing the program and the program file locations and reinstalling: No effect. 

ETS and TruckerMP are both installed on F:
C: is a windows and system only SSD,
E: is a memory card reader,
F: is where all my games are installed. 

I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated. 

Untitled.jpg

6 answers to this question

Are you sure you set the directories for the game exe's on the right drive?

During the installation you could've accidentally pointed something to your E: drive. I'd suggest re-installing directly from the F: drive and trying again making sure all your file references are correct.

Also make sure you downloaded the right and updated launcher.. https://truckersmp.com/download

Edited by revoluti0n

Steam is on the F drive. The directories point to F. Because I install everything on F, this is something I check religiously. 
When I click continue twice, I get the warning that an executable wants to open ETS and the 'do you want to continue' box, I click yes, and ETS starts. But there is no MP option.