^ likewise.

Admin then will remove the ban because such things are out of your control. Which is why the TMP team always reminds players to record their gameplay and keep it for at least 2weeks or 1month. If you recorded and appealed to show the game log or video proof that your game crashed, I can assure you the team is nice enough to remove your ban completely. If a player appeals and it wasn't removed, he can contact upper staff regarding the issue. 

Both your ramming bans are legit anyway. You lost control and rammed. Even if you appealed, I would change it to reckless driving and leave the same ban duration. If your game crashed, then just appeal with the proper sufficient evidence. If you have none, then well I'm sorry but too bad evidence points to your fault.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

i gotta feeling this is more of a complain rather than talking about the suggestion itself. bans will not be removed unless it's a mistake and will be marked as banbymistake.

now with making the appeal public well that is not going to happen we done that before way back tho but it was causing a lot of tension also. so nope.

your ban doesn't even count anymore.

• Upvote 1

I've never talked about my bans. If you want it like that, someone on the discorrd server told me that he has been banned because his game freezed. That's why I've chosen this example. 

And you gave a perfect argument that appeals should be shown. Did you know that my second ban was modified? No. (even I had no video evidence, can you imagine???)

I didn't wanted to use my bans as example (cause it's not allowed -> ban complain) but @RoachCoach forces me to give this explaination. Sorry @[S.PLH]Warrior

Now we see what happens if the appeals are not shown. Someone is telling a wrong opinion about me in public. Thanks for that. 

^ apologies if you took that way. I referenced the topic with regards to your example of ramming and your ramming ban so that I could explain the situation better.

Yup and that's my point. The fact that it got modified even without video evidence just shows the goodwill of the TMP team. Which is why as ^^ Warrior states that it seems like more of the OP complaining about his ban and using this suggestion as a cover-up for it. Record, report & relax. Even if you are the one who get banned, it's good to keep your recordings. And just thank the TMP team for their goodwill thereafter once ban is modified/removed.

Showing the appeal for your second ban doesn't mean anything. The fact that your ban was not removed and modified just tells me that the admin who handled your case does believe you did ram and that you did not have enough evidence to prove it was out of your control in terms of freezing of your game or game crash. And that maybe it was modified because the admin showed goodwill in believing you lost control due to unintentional speeding around the corner or whatever reasons.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

I want to lead back to the Topic. In my opinion, only users that have already written an appeal are able to argue to this topic, because they should know it the best.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't want to say that you're not able to tell your opinion, but as I said... other ones can better argue.

25 minutes ago, [S.PLH]Warrior said:

we done that before way back tho but it was causing a lot of tension also

I didn't knew that. I can understand that some people don't want that their appeals are public. But there should be an chance that everyone can decide on their own.

14 hours ago, [LKW Tr.] Dman [LET] said:

@gwait I'm just saying that the appeal is just as relevant as the ban so it should be either both public or both not

It is? At the end of the day, if someone is going to view your TruckersMP profile, the actual ban history is what is going to matter (for whatever reason they care). They can check the ban's length for the severity of the offence, plus administrators sometimes add "Intentional ramming" instead of "Ramming" to show that the ramming was extremely excessive. If someone really wants, they can also usually access the video evidence that is attached to the ban reason that is available publicly and see the situation themselves. Fact still stands that if the ban is still shown as a green or an orange circle, it is still not an incorrect ban, therefore it does not really matter whether it was modified or not. This is the first time I see someone suggesting about displaying the reason why a ban was modified publicly, which makes me tend to agree with Warrior that this is more of a personal complaint rather than a suggestion (which does not have strong points either imo), considering there is also a ban on your profile that was meant to be permanent but was modified later.

Are there really THAT many people who are interested about going onto someone's profile and wanting to know why someone's ban was modified when they don't even mostly see any signs of modification? (other than your permanent example)

In short, I would agree that both bans & ban appeals could be made private as they are only relevant to the user themselves and the administrators who can view it. I don't agree that the ban appeal reason is as relevant to other people as the ban itself. Plus your original post does not reflect this.

• 9 months later...

Do not worry about recruitments because if a ban was successfully appealed, it will be marked as a mistake and is going to be deleted. Otherwise, the ban is valid and will be taken into account when applying for a vacant position.

Rejected.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.