No, it does not mean that the ban was issued incorrectly. There are many reasons why the length could have been lowered, ranging from a simple typing mistake to change of rules. Regardless of whether it has been lowered or not, it will still count towards the user's ban history. Why would this information be relevant to other people other than yourself?

@the bored hermit Yes that would be the best scenario. Both of them being private.

@gwait I'm just saying that the appeal is just as relevant as the ban so it should be either both public or both not

21 minutes ago, gwait said:

this information be relevant to other people than yourself?

"This information" meaning the ban appeal

http://imgur.com/a/npiS1

Spoiler

Capture.PNG

@DrEGZo I get what your saying but the point is if they are to change bans to private no one would know this person is banned unless they were involved or the person who got banned posted a topic which these shouldnt and in a way the public does not need to know other peoples bans. I know i have 1 ban but i dont mind people seeing it but other people are different it. It could be a form of a privilage that no one can see how i misbehaved so it is on purpose that everyone can see it but i am not sure if that is the case.

As ive stated there will be problems that will come out if the appeals are made public. The appeals are for staff only because it does not concern the community yes maybe we could voice our opinion about the appeals but people will not only input there opinion on the ones there involved in or are familiar with the person who received the ban. It may cause arguments in the appeals if it is made public as some people cant take negative responses they will have a go at the person who said they dont deserve to be unbanned so it wont work.

ban appeals used to be public, but were made private when the new forums came about and the (now old) reporting system was put in.

They were made private for a good reason, people would either spam appeals or they would get their friends to flood the topic or whatever.

I just found them funny to look at

(also 42 posts in one topic in 4 hours, that's gotta be a record)

Edited by Takumi Fujiwara
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, DrEGZo said:

Deserved, not deserved... the only person that decides whether a ban / an appeal is deserved or not is the admin. 

I understand that but some community,s allow the public to voice there opinion it does not effect the outcome of he appeal of course it is still up to the admin or upper staff to decide and i believe if it was implemented it would cause problems.

P.S it is deserve

-1 to this because I don't see a point. Whatever rules you broke (if legit), you get punished for it.

1st scenario: If you made an appeal and admin reviews your appeal and decides to lower the ban length as you claim, it still doesn't matter really, because it still means the admin knows for a fact that you are a rule-breaker. Showing the appeal doesn't mean anything, and it doesn't change the fact that you DID break the rules.

2nd scenario: If you made an appeal and admin reviews your appeal and decides to remove the ban completely because it was incorrectly done against you, then admin replaces it with BANBYMISTAKE. There is no need to show the appeal here either, because:

- It basically tells whoever who views your profile that you did not even break the rules and/or you were wrongfully banned.

- Or rather in fact, as what the admins have said, only you and them can see the BANBYMISTAKE, so it basically tells the public you were not even banned.

SO then if it shows the public that you were not even banned, then even more so no need for an appeal to appear anywhere.

If the ban(s) appearing on your profile affect your reputation with regards to applying for VTCs or whatever other reason it may be, then you should have thought twice before even breaking the rules back then or even now.

& TBH, after viewing your profile, I don't see why you still can play the game. The fact that the ban states "Expires : Never" and that fact that now your profile doesn't show this:

WfA9Y6k.jpg

- You should be thankful towards the TMP team that it expired and that you now can play the client with people all over the world.

What I dislike more about this ban/unban issue is more towards how we as legit drivers can't report someone who is already having that ban banner on their profile.

Like for example; Perpetrator rams you at 1200hrs. Report is made in-game but no admins handle it. Perpetrator changes in-game tag to "ADMIN" at 1300hrs and gets banned in-game instantly by admin because admin just saw the in-game report. You finish your job at 1330hrs and begin your web reporting with proof only to find out that you can't report the person and that he/she wrecked your load and spoiled your gameplay.

Now this then is the problem: how are we legit players gonna report the perpetrator when his current ban is set to never expire. And let's say he waits a month before appealing and showing he changed his tag. This means my report and video is defaulted to invalid when it should be legit. If there can be improvements made for ban reports, this would be the one - not whether an appeal showing up or not being a problem at all. So we have to become TMP stalkers and see when that ban is lifted before getting our report made? This is why trolls/clowns bring so much negativity.

You speedhacked and that's that, I rather your ban be permanent to save the team all the trouble. If you were you banned incorrectly, and you didn't speedhack, then there is no reason why the ban still shows up on your profile. The fact that it's there (whether expired or not) simply tells me that you indeed are a rule breaker or was.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

28 minutes ago, RoachCoach said:

If you made an appeal and admin reviews your appeal and decides to lower the ban length as you claim, it still doesn't matter really, because it still means the admin knows for a fact that you are a rule-breaker.

If someone was simply a "rule-breaker", the ban wouldn't be modified. My guess is that a ban is mostly modified if something was out of control of the player. For example, the game crashed, he lost control and he ram someone. A rule is broken, so the ban cannot be removed. But it was not intentional, so a reason to be merciful. 

But if another player looks on the profile, he will just see "ramming" and he will think "ban was not removed, so the appeal was declined and this is a bad, bad driver - even if that's not true.

^ Please use ^ when replying to threads directly above and to not use unnecessary quotations. 

I understand your point. But still, regardless intentional or not; He/she still lost control, he/she still rammed. And if you appealed in such a manner, and if I was the admin handling it:

- You should keep your vehicle within limits or your control.

- Even if you say you lost control, I would change the ramming ban to reckless driving and leave the same ban duration. 

I mean comon, IRL are you gonna tell the court you did it unintentionally and you lost control and rammed due to speeding or whatever reason? The court would laugh and give you an even more harsher punishment for trying to appeal the case with such a ridiculous reason. At least that's what they would do so in my country. They wouldn't even let you appear in court and deny your request instantly because it just simply lacks sufficient appealing common sense.

Ex - GM & FM (S.E.A)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.