Strange error message.

NarNar

Question

For some reason, i got some error while updating the game. Then when i thought i should uninstall and reinstall. I got the same message again while installing, so i ignored it. When installation completed and i was about to start the game up. Then i got this message.

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

How has this happened? My game is still 1.27 and i was installing the update that got released a few days ago! I'm not sure if anybody else has had this problem in the past.

10 answers to this question

Are you sure you have given the correct path in the installation? For me (and most likely for you too) the path for Euro Truck Simulator 2 would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2

Try running as an administrator during the install.

33 minutes ago, TheOutrageousBoy said:

Hmmm, it says i need permission of an Administrator to perform the action. I am the only person on my computer with an account. Its the launcher thats causing the problem, and it won't let me delete it. to solve the problem.

You can extract your installation, and press right click and press " Run as Administrator " and press yes and try again ! 

37 minutes ago, Lukavsky said:

You can extract your installation, and press right click and press " Run as Administrator " and press yes and try again ! 

Here is the error message. 

"C:/Program Files/TruckersMP Launcher/Launcher.exe"

"An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination directory:

MoveFile failed, code 183

Cannot create a file when that file already exists."

See that is the problem, because the file already exists and i can't delete it means the game won't work. I've tried to delete it but it requires administrator privileges to delete the file, i've used Properties and tried to change it but it says i do not have permission to change ownership or anything else.

Oke , I know what is problem ! 

You must deinstall TruckersMP on Programs and Features , and press win+r and write %programdata% press ok and delete TruckersMP folder !! 

Oke, start install again, but you must follow steps ! 

or you can watch tutorial 

Edited by Unknown111111

@TheOutrageousBoy

Please do not move the folder.  Have you deleted the truckersmp folder in %programdata%?  If you have, then please go to Programfiles and delete the "Truckersmp Launcher" folder (C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher)  Please let me know once you have done this

1 hour ago, oolala11 said:

@TheOutrageousBoy

Please do not move the folder.  Have you deleted the truckersmp folder in %programdata%?  If you have, then please go to Programfiles and delete the "Truckersmp Launcher" folder (C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher)  Please let me know once you have done this

I've reinstalled it, it works now. Problem solved.