Game is Hanging while driving

mattballew

Question

I posted a question about a week ago with the same problem, and I was told to disable logging on tab. However I've noticed the issue really hasn't went away.

I tested playing on Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP and have no lag at all, Game plays perfect.

Something about my game randomly hangs while driving. Ill be driving beside one of my friends, and my screen will freeze for a second and ill be about 2 truck lengths behind him. I've tried everything i can think of and still cant find a possible solution.

Related to this thread  for better explanation.

I thought the issue was related to someone coming within range of me, But after closer inspection it happens at random times, even when no one is around.

Also wanted to mention, That for sake of testing. I had my friend who's game works perfectly fine send me his profile. I still had the same issue while playing on his profile.

PC Specs:
Intel Core i7-7700k 4.5Ghz

32GB Ram (2400Mhz)
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI 11GB

Windows 10 Pro (Up-to-date)

Internet Specs:

100Mbps Charter Spectrum Package. Avg Ping ~35ms

4 answers to this question

1. Happens to me too, That is cause the game autosaves itself at times it fancies

2. If you have many drivers in your profile, i suggest Fire them since they tend to cause more autosaves than usual.

3. Considering how much old the game's architecture is dont expect much performance even though you have a killer PC., Best you can do is turn off v-sync [Do it only if you play on single monitor, Else frame ripping will occur on multiple monitors] and play around with Graphical settings to get the most optimised performance

Hello. I managed to fix this hanging but it's a bit complicated. 

Do you have an ssd or an HDD.

If you have an ssd please ensure that ets2 and the launcher are installed on the ssd. Also, ensure your documents folder is located on the ssd too. You can do this by pressing file explorer, right click on documents and press on location. Press the move button and move it to C/users/yourpcname and documents. 

Only do this if you have an ssd.

It means your autosaves will be "written" quicker as ssds are faster so it'll hang less.