ETS2MP-EXE Startup Error

XIPureGamer

Question

Hi, I have a issue and need some help.

SORRY IF THIS IN THE WRONG SECTION BTW, First time using this forum!! :P

So, I'm trying to launch ETS2MP also known as TruckersMP and everytime I try to launch it, I get a popup saying "TruckersMP Launcher has stopped working" and I've tried running as an administrator, running in compatibility mode, still the same error. I've updated ETS2 and downloaded the most recent version of ETS2MP, still the same error.

I've even uninstalled ETS2 (Base game) from Steam and yet, the same error still occurs.

No installation errors had occurred, installed fine.

The game does not load the Intro, it just shows the popup every single time :(.

If anyone could help me, I would appreciate the help.

Again, sorry if I made this post in the wrong section!! I apologize!

4 answers to this question

On 12/29/2016 at 2:26 PM, [S.PLH] Amnotanormalkid said:

Hi XiPureGamer, could I ask if your computer is fully updated as this can help and also have you made sure you have fully uninstalled all versions of Truckersmp so when you go to Programs and features there is no MP clients and then tried reinstalling it ?

Yeah my PC is up to date as far as Windows Updates go.

Ok I've just UN-installed 1.0.0.4 from Programs and Features just now and have re-installed it by downloading it from the TruckersMP website, dragging it to desktop, extracting it, running the EXE setup, on that I select "ETS2 Multiplayer - 732KB" and not the ATS Multiplayer option, I press Next, Next etc.. until the end, it installs fine. I then see the icon on my desktop.

I run it and still get the same exact pop up:

"TruckersMP Launcher has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Any other suggestions perhaps, @[S.PLH] Amnotanormalkid ? I can't find any other solution :(