Fatal Error

Michael0100

Question

My game keeps crashing when I try to run it through the MP launcher on both DirectX and OpenGL option.

http://pastebin.com/w8gPwLBs - ETS2MP Crash.log

http://pastebin.com/gejHUH5x - ETS2MP lastCrash.log

http://pastebin.com/09ZjzFs1 - ETS2\Euro Truck Simulator 2\game.log.txt 

I have no mods, I can run ETS2 normally and I don't have American Truck Simulator, I have not been able to get it to work at all before either so this will be my first time trying. I have no idea what to do at this point so I would be really great if someone could help me to get this to work.

I included files just in case they were needed as well.

ETS2.zip

ETS2MP.zip

error.png

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 answers to this question

THIS FIXES BOTH AMERICAN TRUCK SIMULATOR & EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 2 POSSIBLY EVEN EURO TRUCK SIMULATOR 1 FOR WINDOWS ( Not to sure if a Linux or Mac version exist.)

I & fyzz08 have found the cure if anyone else has this problem. This issue is caused by loads of things: Corrupted Registry / Windows, Permissions Error / Faulty game or MP.

Don't worry, this cannot cause permanent damage to your game or anything else.

The way to fix this is:

Step 1. Right click your 'Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer' / 'American Truck Simulators Multiplayer' .exe file, whether it be the shortcut on the desktop or actual file and then click properties.

Step 2.

If you right clicked it's shortcut, make sure you clicked the shortcut tab.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you clicked the .exe file, make sure you are on the general tab.

You should see a section say: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe"   ) OR it's custom install path. (Minus the brackets)

What you need to do is on the end of it, add: (   -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP   ) 

It should look something like: (   Target: "C:\Program Files\TruckersMP\launcher_ets2mp.exe" -homedir C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2MP ) If you understand what the -homedir fuction does, feel welcome to change it, if you are worried or don't know what to do, just leave it as it is. If you have a problem, message me on Steam Michael0100 (Both accounts)

Yes, Steam is open and logged in on the account that owns the game, also, yes I have run it as admin, and set the game to run with admin, and even run steam as admin.

PS:

I was wondering if someone could possibly tell me if they know what the program requires administrator to do to see if I could change the permissions of it what it needs to do instead of giving the program permissions... If that is what is causing the problems of course.

I put in a support ticket as well, and I haven't had a response for the past day so I took to here hoping someone has a cure.

I have found the possible issue for both ATS / ETS2, I have this on the command line in steam 

-homedir "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\ETS2"

-homedir "C:\Users\Michael\Documents\American Truck Simulator"

The game refuses to run without it, and if I'm right the launcher does not run this options and changes them for some reason... I'm not too sure what I can do to get it to run properly without it; if someone has a way I can run the launcher with launch parameters it might work. Any have any ideas?

Just in case there is a relation

American truck Simulator Log: http://pastebin.com/k4zZnrnp (Didn't crash it just shuts itself down without actually bring up any program.)