Fatal Error on game start due to Saitek R660GT Wheel. Please advice

Iragnox

Question

I've reinstalled ETS2MP Twice and I keep ending up with the same problem. I get as far as picking my profile, and then as I pick and load the save, when it finishes loading it crashes to two fatal error messages. I've never got MP to work as of now. The SP works fine.
Here is my crash log http://pastebin.com/1NBGSJQg

I don't have any mods installed. I have North and east DLC's, along with Trucking fan. My truck doesn't have anything custom on it whatsoever.

I have just discovered that it is due to my Saitek R660 GT Force Feedback Wheel.
I just updated to the newest driver I could find. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the wheel to work in MP?

I managed to start the game with the USB unplugged, and then when I clicked the wheel after plugging it back in the game crashes again. I don't want to sit here with a mouse and keyboard or a controller when I have a wheel that works fine with every other driving game.

3 answers to this question

I hadn't had the most active driver installed for the wheel while I did singleplayer, so the Force Feedback wasn't working and I left it ticked in. But it seems you hit the nail right on the head there. Unticked it in SP and now it seems to let me use the wheel in MP. I'll have to test it further when I have time but it seems to have fixed it. Shame that the FF isn't going to work but I'll live without it. Thanks for the astute observation! Are there any wheels that allow for FF in ETS2MP?