Starting Multiplayer places me in Singleplayer

DragonHarrier

Question

So I just downloaded the latest version of ets2mp mod and for some reason it places me in single player when I click on the multiplayer icon.

I recently brought the Scandinavian DLC and have not played MP since I got it, but I understood that DLC works with MP. I am running Windows 8.1 (currently waiting to upgrade to Win10) and the Steam version of the game.

What happens is this:

-I click on the ets2mp icon on my desktop and a window with 3 options come up:

>Start Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

>Launch with DirectX

>Launch with OpenGL

-I click on one of them (it does not matter which as all have the same results) and the game boots

-I see the SCS and ETS2 logos then I am given the Profile selection screen (I don't get the log in screen)

-When I choose my profile and start it up, I am in Single player.

Does anyone know what is causing this, should I try uninstalling and reinstalling ets2mp?

8 answers to this question

So I just downloaded the latest version of ets2mp mod and for some reason it places me in single player when I click on the multiplayer icon.

I recently brought the Scandinavian DLC and have not played MP since I got it, but I understood that DLC works with MP. I am running Windows 8.1 (currently waiting to upgrade to Win10) and the Steam version of the game.

What happens is this:

-I click on the ets2mp icon on my desktop and a window with 3 options come up:

>Start Euro Truck Simulator 2 Multiplayer

>Launch with DirectX

>Launch with OpenGL

-I click on one of them (it does not matter which as all have the same results) and the game boots

-I see the SCS and ETS2 logos then I am given the Profile selection screen (I don't get the log in screen)

-When I choose my profile and start it up, I am in Single player.

Does anyone know what is causing this, should I try uninstalling and reinstalling ets2mp?

One of the reasons why i hate Windows 8....

76561198206943368.png  If my post helped, don't hesitate to click that green up arrow! ^_^

One of the reasons why i hate Windows 8....

You don't help the OP with that.

Try to execute as admin

Try that, it should work (Well it did with me and some of my friends).