Video randomly freezes...

TheReduxPL

Question

Hey,
I was playing the game and suddenly the video has frozen. I could hear that the game is working (at least I managed to stop the truck before I crashed into something) but the image was frozen on one frame, even if I paused the game. After pressing Alt+Tab the screen was already black.
I'm using Windows 10 (clean installation) with all drivers updated to the newest version possible. All necessary programs that could interfere with the game are not running. It only happened to me once but since I was like 90% done with the delivery when the problem appeared (and I was moved back to my garage when I relaunched the game), I would like to do possibly everything to prevent this problem from happening ever again. Every other game (Team Fortress 2, Project CARS and others) is working properly.

Any suggestions? :(

Uy7RSMH.jpg4574906475.png

^ Oh look at my speedtest results, they're totally legit! Internet straight outta hell! ^

6 answers to this question

Has it happened before, or its just 1st time?, altought try to run game as administrator or just try to use alt + esc because alt + tab is bugged...

It never happened on Windows 8.1 but it happened on Windows 10 after the third time I played ETS on it. Yes, it's the first time it happened.

Game is always running as admin.

Could these problems be somehow related to my internet connection being extremely unstable tonight?

^ Oh look at my speedtest results, they're totally legit! Internet straight outta hell! ^

It never happened on Windows 8.1 but it happened on Windows 10 after the third time I played ETS on it. Yes, it's the first time it happened.

Game is always running as admin.

Could these problems be somehow related to my internet connection being extremely unstable tonight?

Having an unstable internet connection can cause that, but I'd lean more towards having a gfx driver issue. What kind of pc are you running? (In terms of specs)

76561198125848184.png

Having an unstable internet connection can cause that, but I'd lean more towards having a gfx driver issue. What kind of pc are you running? (In terms of specs)

My specs are in the description. In case if you can't see them:

• Intel Core i5-3350P
  • Radeon R9 280X
  • 8GB RAM

Regarding the connection - my ISP had problems yesterday, from stable 10 Mbit/s it dropped to under 0.5 Mbit/s with high amount of packet loss, sites were loading painfully slowly, same with all kinds of videos. Now it's stable.

Are you using Nvidia?, since Windows 10 ruins the driver with new update, you need to downgrade it to old version, then it should work fine, but try to reinstall drivers.

Nah, I'm using Radeon. And again, other games are running perfectly well. I had no other drivers installed earler rather than the current ones (15.7.1), I don't think reinstalling them would make sense.

EDIT: Now this error appeared when I was playing:

PPjazeM.png